anyone beretta 96 owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been waiting on coles to relist their BHPs..... supposedly it was soon and that was a month ago.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I emailed them. They had some bhp and model 92's, I may need one of each, though the 92 is likely my next one. owner needed to price some of the guns and he was in the hospital or something. They said they were looking to another site for sales, but couldn't give me anything at the time, said to check back to me also.

mike sweeney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just found this used last week. Its a 96A1. came with box and 3 12 round mags. Im a big beretta guy but have never had a 96. Had a stainless 92fs brigidier that i sold to get money for my M9A1 9MM pistol.. I love my M9A1 as its the most accurate Beretta ive owned. Plus it says made in Italy which is a big plus for me. Not knocking Beretta USA. Havent had a chance to shoot the 96A1 yet.

I really cant feel much of a weight differance between the 96A1 40 cal and the M9A1 9mm . Also i like the Italian A1 pistols as the front sight is dovetailed.

img.photobucket.com_albums_v460_preokc_002_zpse049fadd.jpg

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
yes, big double stack grips take a bit to get used to but the fit is like a fine watch. when cleaned and lubed, the action is smooth as butter. get either gun then look for another barrel and slide. my late father in law gave this one to me a few months before he passed away. i then picked up a 96 slide from okcshooter here on the forum. voila, a 92 and 96.
i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae253_dlbleak_P1010257_zps07aee828.jpg

mike sweeney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yes, big double stack grips take a bit to get used to but the fit is like a fine watch. when cleaned and lubed, the action is smooth as butter. get either gun then look for another barrel and slide. my late father in law gave this one to me a few months before he passed away. i then picked up a 96 slide from okcshooter here on the forum. voila, a 92 and 96.
i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae253_dlbleak_P1010257_zps07aee828.jpg

Yes i agree that when cleaned and oiled the slide feels as if its on ball bearings. Just wondering if you also need a differant spring or if the same spring works for the 9mm and 40 S&W?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
the spring is in the bottom of the 96 upper, just can't see it. that a good question though. they look the same but could have a different compression rate.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE B92s...if I liked .40 I am sure I'd like the B96 as well.

It hits the important aspects of a combat pistol for me...Reliability, ease of cleaning, durability, capacity (22 rounds on board) and accuracy.

Plus, I like a DA/SA setup so I can carry the way I want....In fact, I probably have too many:

i29.photobucket.com_albums_c253_jasondcunningham_photo_4_zps50ca6e31.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom