Anyone buy a big grill lately?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Weber Genesis for me as well. I had a Walmart charbroil for years as thought I was terrible at grilling. Now I can cook without burning everything with ease. Really like the cast iron grates

I need some grates that aren't crappy porcelain-coated. Then it flakes off and rusts. Ack. I've got a Char-Griller Duo and need to replace my burners, grates and shields. Would like to get good stuff, but good replacements (not the same old crap) ain't cheap.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first grill had the ceramic coated grates. The coating started to flake off in no time. My last two grills had cast iron and now stainless grates. No complaints on either of these surfaces. You just have to make sure to care for them as instructed. Which means a lot of PAM or equivalent.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score

I'm talking replacing all my grates. I don't want a pair of undersized ones that give me only half the grilling area or less.

I AM thinking of ordering one set, at about $120 total. I do use my gas side more, but I could move them back and forth for use on the charcoal side, at least until I decided they were worthwhile enough to buy another set.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm talking replacing all my grates. I don't want a pair of undersized ones that give me only half the grilling area or less.

I AM thinking of ordering one set, at about $120 total. I do use my gas side more, but I could move them back and forth for use on the charcoal side, at least until I decided they were worthwhile enough to buy another set.

10-4. I just ordered the minimum set to see if they were as good as advertised. I normally only grill for me, the wife and kiddo so the two grates have been ok so far but I do plan on getting more soon.

huskres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive got a green egg, rectec pellet, weber smokers and charcoal grill as well. I have had the cheap gassers but they suck. Had a weber gas grill that was nice but sold it. Also a hasty bake, that thing was a charcoal hog. The good pellet grills are awesome since its push a button and select your temp. We use the pellet grill as a second oven and a main oven during the summer. I do wish i would have gone with the yoder though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom