Anyone in the Construction Management Industry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oklahomabuilder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone in the Construction Management Industry and know of any available positions for hire. I was just laid off today due to company downsize and am currently looking for a Superintendent position or similar (Asst. Project Manager). I currently live in the Tulsa area but it doesn't matter where in Oklahoma. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks

cueball

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, I'm sorry to hear that.
Good luck in your job hunt.
I was Laid off two years ago this month and it was hard for my family and I because Christmas was soon coming.

landman873

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your gonna be hard pressed to find something this time of year. Alot of my GC lay off for the winter months unless they have alot on the books. I will keep my ear up though and see if anything is going on.

pipefitter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Project management is at the heart of any project. Project management services can often become the key to making a project successful. Making sure you make the most of your project management assessment is an essential part of any construction work. It is the responsibility of a project manager to make sure that the project will be completed successfully within a specific time frame.

Typical project manager crap u guys wish u were that important u bring nothing to the table but bitchin and moaning ,what skills do u need for that ?run a copy machine and make threats and general crybabying at the contractors who are actually doing the work! Imho!

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like some of our Subcontractors. Yes I work for a GC. One thing to keep in mind. We set the schedule according to what we bid the project at. Typically the owners have this lovely section in the contract that talks all about Liquidated Damages. When it comes down to completion time and our Mechanical and Plumbing Subs or any other sub on the project, can't get their finals because of poor craftsmanship, or lack of give a damn, LDs can start adding up.

Guess who becomes the cry baby when we start attaching LDs to the Subs who couldn't get their stuff together? Happens every time. When the subcontractors start thinking about the amount of work they have to do and when they feel the should have it done. We have to remind them about the project schedule as a whole. Doing things their way can typically have a negative effect on the critical path.

Oklahomabuilder: Typically I would say send me your resume and I'll get it on the owners desk. But we are at a shortage of upcoming jobs right now. Depending on how our bid goes on Thursday we could have one or two guys without a job to run in 30 days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom