Anyone who plans to open carry ....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

point and laugh

I spent many years living in an open carry state (NE). The only people that regularly open carried were LEO's. If you were openly carrying and someone was freaked out because of it, and they called the cops, you would get ticketed for disturbing the peace. Open carry was legal, until someone was uncomfortable with it.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should already be aware that the maximum caliber for ccw and eventually open carry is .45 so no DE 50ae. Yes i am aware DE makes other calibers but your context was implying the biggest gun they make. Also open carry is for belt holsters or shoulder holsters only, no drop leg holsters. Thanks for spreading misinformation :)

And you should be aware of who you just quoted.

http://tromix.com/Projects_o_Tromix.htm

Tony knows a thing or two about large calibers, and he never said anything about 50 Action Express.

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And you should be aware of who you just quoted.

http://tromix.com/Projects_o_Tromix.htm

Tony knows a thing or two about large calibers, and he never said anything about 50 Action Express.

No I am just tired of people who don't want to open carry spread ideas that people are going to be out in combat gear, the news already does enough of that. I don't care who I quoted, I don't like people who personally are against a way of carrying to hype up the hysteria along with the media. If he doesn't agree with open carry fine, But with the remarks as he said as to say at least the open carrier ass clown would get shot by either a thug or a cop is just PATHETIC.

As I said when someone mentions DE on the leg they are usually referring to the 50, not the baby eagle, lol. I admitted my mistake already on the holster type as well.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No I am just tired of people who don't want to open carry spread ideas that people are going to be out in combat gear, the news already does enough of that. I don't care who I quoted, I don't like people who personally are against a way of carrying to hype up the hysteria along with the media. If he doesn't agree with open carry fine, But with the remarks as he said as to say at least the open carrier ass clown would get shot by either a thug or a cop is just PATHETIC.

As I said when someone mentions DE on the leg they are usually referring to the 50, not the baby eagle, lol. I admitted my mistake already on the holster type as well.

I don't know why you are so angry, but most of what you are saying makes absolutely no sense. Tony never said he was against open-carry (he pointed out one type of over-the-top ego-maniac that likes to post on message boards about how commando-mall-ninja they are and how most of these ass clowns are talking about open carry as if it's their opportunity to show how big their johnson is).

You are basically defending that person (or equating it as an attack on all OC'ers). And if you think that OC'ers are not going to be targeted by thugs (or viewed by Cops as a possible assailant when absolutely any crime at all has gone down) you're kidding yourself. Anyone who has gone through even a basic defensive shooting class knows that by giving up the element of surprise as to where your weapon is, you're painting a target on your back to some degree.

I'm for Open Carry, but there are plenty of people who lack enough common sense to keep from screwing it up - and a lot of those people like to post on message boards about how they're going to go out and scare the "sheeple" with their huge OC setup.

Oh, and full-size Desert Eagles come in more calibers than 50 Action Express.

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know why you are so angry, but most of what you are saying makes absolutely no sense. Tony never said he was against open-carry (he pointed out one type of over-the-top ego-maniac that likes to post on message boards about how commando-mall-ninja they are and how most of these ass clowns are talking about open carry as if it's their opportunity to show how big their johnson is).

You are basically defending that person (or equating it as an attack on all OC'ers). And if you think that OC'ers are not going to be targeted by thugs (or viewed by Cops as a possible assailant when absolutely any crime at all has gone down) you're kidding yourself. Anyone who has gone through even a basic defensive shooting class knows that by giving up the element of surprise as to where your weapon is, you're painting a target on your back to some degree..
I'm for Open Carry, but there are plenty of people who lack enough common sense to keep from screwing it up - and a lot of those people like to post on message boards about how they're going to go out and scare the "sheeple" with their huge OC setup.

Oh, and full-size Desert Eagles come in more calibers than 50 Action Express.

Not mad. I never said he doesn't agree with the law. And yes I took it as an attack on all OC's. And why mention DE unless you are talking about what they are known for, the full size 50AE.

He has stated he is for the OC law on another thread. What I said is he is against philosophy of OC as he stated above, as generally as am I. However I don't call people who want to OC in Walmart ass clowns, dork wads (other thread), and say at least the thugs/cops will know to shoot the assclown first.

I'm done explaining this.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I talk to several OCPD officers a day. Most likely you wont get any crap for it. They think everyone should carry. Chances are, if they ask, its just like a broken tail light, they are looking for probable cause on something else, run you for warrants etc.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not going to alter my mode of carry due to fear of an unlikely altercation with an over-zealous LEO - those guys are few and far between. I'm also not going to OC for the sake of it. I will choose when and where I will OC and do so within SDA guidelines and use of common sense.

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Open Carry is fine with me, just not 'for' me ......... and I reserve the right to consider those who open carry for an "In Your Face" reason should rethink their position.

Latest posts

Top Bottom