AR 15 Recommendations for Newbee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93 FOX

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have owned a Smith, Colt, RRA and a Bushmaster. Not alot of differances in all of these. You will pay more for a Colt for the name, that is on anything that says Colt. The trigger on the bushy was worse than the rest but IMO they are all gov. spec. Just get a trigger job on whatever you get if you dont like the trigger. There might be a little differance in the barrels but if your buying a tactical rifle and not a varmint rifle it doesnt matter, just get one.

OK Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
93 Fox

Thats what I have been thinking, been let down before when buying tools, hunting gear, etc. when going cheap (ie Wally-World, Acadcemy, etc) just to box the stuff up and buy something better when I can find it.

what are the opinions of DMPS and Stag?

alphagunner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bravo company is the best thing going right now I think a complete upper is only about 560. If you want to go cheaper go to CMMG's web sight and click on bargain bin they have complete guns for 599 I think the have 16 in and 18 in chrome lined for that price cheeck it out

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 on the chrome lined barrel. It is MUCH more resistant to corrosion. You do lose a bit of accuracy of the chrome-moly... but again, it's an AR.

44minimum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did an awful lot of reading before buying one and it seems to be a general consensus rock river is about the best of the lower tiered guns. My brother got a dpms for 700 and it has worked just fine. I got a lower receiver, put a rock river lower parts kit and butt stock and complete upper on it for about 760 and am quite happy with that. Go to AR 15.com and look around. Plenty of info there to get you quite well educated and thoroughly confused.

Latest posts

Top Bottom