AR15 pellet gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The cheaper than dirt mailer I received a week or so ago has one of those in it.

.223/22 cal Pellet Conversion Kits for $14,97 uses .22 cal pellets and 209 primers.

Sorry Cant seem to find it on the website or I would post a link.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The cheaper than dirt mailer I received a week or so ago has one of those in it.

.223/22 cal Pellet Conversion Kits for $14,97 uses .22 cal pellets and 209 primers.

Sorry Cant seem to find it on the website or I would post a link.

The youtube vid I saw about it listed ammoman.com, but security at work won't let me open it, so I don't know if he sells them or not.
The bug I have to work out is with the die. When the case gets resized, it crimps the neck down way too far.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Redding body die!! I want to try it with a little titegroup still

If you want to make some of these I'll run all of the 223 brass I have through a body die and send them to you with the necks unsized. You could make a mandrel to size the neck to your spec.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Redding body die!! I want to try it with a little titegroup still

If you want to make some of these I'll run all of the 223 brass I have through a body die and send them to you with the necks unsized. You could make a mandrel to size the neck to your spec.
That body die may be the ticket.
I kind of thought about the mandrel, also a tapered shaft put into the tailstock, and push it in untill the neck gets to the right size.

I don't think I mentioned in the pics that I was at 7 yds shooting the group into that board. Pretty amazing accuracy.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is there any chance of barrel damage with this unit? just curious I also think I would like to have one!

I can't really see how one could damage a barrel. Pellets are pure lead. They don't harm a rifled pellet gun barrel.
BUT!
If Dustin puts 15 grains of titegroup in there, I could see a little leading problem developing.:rotflmao:
I will run a bore brush through it before going back to normal jacketed bullets, just to be on the safe side.

What would be the best in this whole scenerio, would be a break action single shot.
Just solved another of the bugs. Ordered a #4 tapered reamer for the primer hole. Was having a problem with it being too tight, or the primer wants to fall out. Just no drills the right size.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I want one of these. I'll do some working with titegroup and see if I can get some more power.

Were you getting sonic crack Dennis?

I can say it is much quieter than a pellet gun, but still fast enough to go through a 5/8" board?
My wife was 100 feet away, and said that closing the action of the AR was louder than the crack. Of course it won't cycle.
I just wish my chrony wasn't on the blink.

Latest posts

Top Bottom