Are Chrysler Dealers Worse Than Other Brands?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backspur

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do all Chrysler dealers provide worse service than dealers from other brands?
Is this their business model? Are they the McDonald's of the auto world?

I've driven Chrysler products for the last 10 years. For whatever reason, they appeal to me. Looking back, I've had very few dealer interactions where I left satisfied.

I'm in the process of buying a new Ram. It's been frustrating since I stepped foot in the door. I signed papers on Tuesday. They have had the truck since then adding a couple of small options I asked for. I went to get it today and they scratched the paint in several places, now it has to go to the body shop on Monday. I'm about ready to walk on the deal.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The one in Enid had a incredibly horrible reputation. Like wheels falling off when leaving the dealer after service. Projected 50 day wait for service work, the list goes on. I know several guys who go to the Dodge dealer in Arkansas City, KS. They bend over backwards to keep your business it sounds like. No service BS, same day service and if not, they'll send you home in a vehicle till yours is done.

backspur

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They were supposedly waiting on parts, which I know can happen. However, they never mentioned any of this up front. It's been one excuse after another. I'm not sure I want to buy a "new" truck that's already been to the body shop. I did get a good price on the truck.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the guys on here bought a Jeep from David Stanley... after he bought the Jeep, he found that the bead-lockers were installed incorrectly and the tires would bleed out air in <8hrs. So for the weeks and weeks he saw it on the lot when he would drive by, the David Stanley staff would have had to go out there airing up the tires every day, maybe multiple times a day, so that they wouldn't have a vehicle on the lot with 4 flat tires.

He spent the money on a 3rd party warranty and an additional $100 to cover the 4WD bits. Not too long in the future he had a problem with some 4WD bits, and the claim was initially denied. Turns out when the dealership sent the warranty stuff to the warranty company, they crossed out the 4x4 coverage (I assume to pocket an extra $100). Fortunately for him, his paperwork still said he had 4WD coverage and he had a receipt that was for $100 more than the base warranty.

Still just shady AF. The John Vance dealership took great care of him, though.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find Roberts Ram/Dodge/Jeep in li'l ole Altus to provide superb service.
One in Columbus, Ohio, did superb service.(Chrysler)
One in Silver Spring, MD was a crook, and lost a big class-action lawsuit. (Chevy)

I stopped at one of the big dealers in OKC just to look at a truck that Roberts didn't have, and was so seriously insulted in 3 min, I told them NO you can't have my keys, I'm leaving.

It ain't the brand, guys. It is the individual dealer.

Last edited:

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some dealers are just bad. The only dealer I ever had problems with was Seth Wadley. The car I bought was a good car, but the experience was horrible. I've never met a more inept group of people in my life.

In the last few years I've bought cars at Knippelmier, Bob Moore and Westpointe......and got superb service from all of them.

Last edited:

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cox Chrysler who used to be in Tulsa were crooks. Had a New Yorker it went in for repairs 17 times in 30 days.
I told my parents they were sabotaging it and to take it elsewhere before the doors and wheels fall off.
That night we went to Toyota of Tulsa after picking it up and upon opening the driver side rear door it fell off in the parking lot.
They got a lawyer after them and I don't remember what happened exactly except they took the car off our hands.

Latest posts

Top Bottom