Are people disappointed with the Glock 43?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Imo, I think the Shield is better only for the fact that it is in .40 and that it has a larger round capacity.
Yet what I don't understand it that people would rather carry a J frame over the 43.
Unfortunately (not really), I've turned from Glock and gone the M&P route. The only thing that Glock has I've the M&P line is that the offer pistols in 10mm. I could get a 1006 but I'd like a M&P in 10mm, full size, compact, and in single stack. That would be slick.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Grasshoppa: I opted to carry my 642 J-Frame in an IWB this evening when we went out to eat...instead of my G43. Why? I dunno; sometimes I just like that old Roscoe. And with the slim Rosewood service grips on her, she conceals like no other!

Sent from my iPhone

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've carried a Kahr CW9 for several years but picked up a G43 a few weeks ago. The trigger is much smoother on the Kahr but the travel is extreme. In all the years I've had it, that trigger is still a problem for me getting the best accuracy out of the gun. The G43 has a heavier trigger pull that is not as smooth but the shorter travel really helps me out. Don't have enough rounds through the G43 to sell the Kahr yet but I'm leaning towards replacing the Kahr. Even with the grip extension, the G43 is shorter than the Kahr. The flat base plate is just too short for my tastes but it sure makes the gun tiny. I think a little polishing would go a long ways to improving the G43 trigger and adding a taran tactical +1 extension would eliminate the need for the Kahr.

Last edited:

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been very impressed with my G43. Accuracy is great, recoil is not bad and zero malfunctions. My wife's Shield 9mm is nice as well but it feels like it's going to jump out of my hands...there's just something about the design.

That being said...the G43 is still too big for pocket carry in my opinion. If I'm going to carry a gun on the hip I would rather carry something with more capacity.

The G43 is a great BUG or can work when a larger gun just isn't possible. I'm not getting rid of mine, but it certainly won't replace my carry gun.

bushrat

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another probable reason is that people are realizing despite all the new model hype, there is no one perfect tool and wind up wanting a 19 for capacity again. Heck I do the same thing on the next size up. My Gen 4 19 is too small for my hands so I'll probably trade it for a Gen 4 17.

Always did appreciate balanced comments. I have a first Gen Glock 17 and have never regretted it. Bought it in 1988 and have approx. 30,000 rds through it. Never a ftf or fte and fits my hand perfectly. Oh well, the haters will hate. Happy shooting!

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I installed a Ghost Edge connector in my G43 and polished the internals; my G43 is MUCH improved. A $22 connector and fifteen minutes is all it took. That said, my G43 trigger is still not as good as my G26 trigger. I do really like my G43 but I have to say that my M&P Shield doesn't have as much perceived recoil and I can get it back on target more quickly. I really like both the G43 as well as the Shield.

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are fine. Mine shoots as expected and is reliable. Shooting it next to my shield there is very little difference. I really only bought it to get a jump start on making holsters before the molds came out. If I was looking to buy I would just get the shield and save a few bucks and have more capacity.

I think a lot have realized that they can carry a g26 just as easily which shoots better ( in my opinion) and carries more ammo. That being said I am still selling more G43 holsters than any other models.

Latest posts

Top Bottom