Are people disappointed with the Glock 43?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well amen there Brother; amen! I may go to the range and shoot a Glock or two myself then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picked up a Kahr CM9 from GED the other day. Sweet shooting little piece and pocket carries just fine. Mag doesn't like to drop free right away, but I'm hoping that loosens up with time.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up a Kahr CM9 from GED the other day. Sweet shooting little piece and pocket carries just fine. Mag doesn't like to drop free right away, but I'm hoping that loosens up with time.

Okay; but can you compare it to a Glock 43?

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've had two G43's. Took me two turns to figure out it is a turd design. I'm not a shield fanboy but it is a better design on every level.

For the record my main carry this season is a S&W 3913 tactical 9mm.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had two G43's. Took me two turns to figure out it is a turd design. I'm not a shield fanboy but it is a better design on every level.

For the record my main carry this season is a S&W 3913 tactical 9mm.

Turd design? Please kind sir; do elaborate. While I do agree the shield is a fine pistol, I just didn't like the grip at all. That plus S&W doesn't like to post schematics or parts lists for a lot of their newer models anyway. For me the G43 was a much better choice. But turd design? Really.

Last edited:

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have lots of time with the CM9 and a box or two down range with the 43. The coment about the CM 9s 43 mile trigger reset is right on. It is a smooth trigger but a long pull and a semingly longer reset. The glock has, well, a glock trigger. The reset on the 43 seems a bit shorter than a 26/19 and the click at reset is louder. As everyone knows the 43 is a smidge bigger but its not noticable at the range. Recoil is similar. Accuracy from both are more than acceptable for smaller carry guns. I can shoot faster, more accurate 2nd, 3rd, 4th shots. Side note-Not a huge deal for me, but it might be for someone who has a weaker grip(not an insult-i know people as strong as an ox but with arthritic hands) but racking the slide on the CM is noticably harder.

The CM has on more than one occasion had the first round of hp stick on the ramp if the gun is slingshotted. Not when firing. Just the first round being chambered. The 43 has been flawless so far.

Cleaning the guns are almost night and day different. The glock is easy as pie to strip/assemble while he CM takes a bit more attention.

I wouldn't consider either a pocket gun...they are just too big. IWB is where both shine. Yes the 43 carries easier than the 26 as does the CM. A few tenths of an inch here and a few ounces there make a difference.

The Shield gets a lot of attention for its nearly identical size but higher capacity. I have never been fond of the grip angle...it just doesnt work for me.

Is the 43 the end all, be all, best ss 9? No. Its simply another good choice that i would put on the short list if you are shopping.

Latest posts

Top Bottom