Are we doomed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, they are among us and they vote.

I was manager of a paint store. Customer made purchase and went to parking lot. Couple minutes go by, he comes back, says he locked keys in car and asks if I have a wire hanger? I gave him a wire and he goes back out. I let him try for a few minutes and go out. He is fishing the wire around the driver door. I watch for a minute and then notice ......
Walk around to passenger door and pull handle. Door opens and I tell him "I'm in".
He says, "can you hook the wire on the lock, so I can get it open."

theman4bran

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
1724507249252.png

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just watched a guy get out of his vehicle and roll up the windows and push his key fob beep boop! And walk away.

Only thing wrong was it was a jeep and the top was down.
What are you securing that I can't just lean over and grab what I want?
He locked the doors, which was the main reason for the use of the FOB, and set the alarm which has an interior motion sensor. Someone reaches in and it goes full tilt. Will it stop them? No, but it will make people look to see what is going on. Most folks that go topless are smart enough to not have anything sitting out in the open to grab.

Are we doomed? Very likely as there are a lot of folks that jump to judge something before they understand what is going on. No reason to think about something, just pile on with a bunch of others... :)

James Abram

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just watched a guy get out of his vehicle and roll up the windows and push his key fob beep boop! And walk away.

Only thing wrong was it was a jeep and the top was down.
What are you securing that I can't just lean over and grab what I want?
My Jeep has NO top for 8 months out of the year. I always roll up the windows and lock the doors when I park somewhere. You can’t get in the console or glove box without climbing in the back seat. You can’t grab something from the floorboard without climbing in the back seat. You can’t grab something off the dash without climbing in. It’s a Jeep thing, you wouldn’t understand.

James Abram

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He locked the doors, which was the main reason for the use of the FOB, and set the alarm which has an interior motion sensor. Someone reaches in and it goes full tilt. Will it stop them? No, but it will make people look to see what is going on. Most folks that go topless are smart enough to not have anything sitting out in the open to grab.

Are we doomed? Very likely as there are a lot of folks that jump to judge something before they understand what is going on. No reason to think about something, just pile on with a bunch of others... :)
It’s a Jeep thing, he wouldn’t understand.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To answer the original post, yes, yes we are doomed. We have a viscous zeitgeist of cosmic unconsciousness permeating society on many levels. The public school system should be prosecuted for mental anguish and failure to do their basic task, educating. We have an epidemic of stupidity.

As for cars and tops, I have a Bronco I regularly remove the hard top on. When I get out at a store I roll up the windows and set the alarm, but not with the key fob. The problem is people can intercept the frequency of the fob with cheap online equipment. I hit the door lock buttons 2 X and exit.

I did say the top is off, however it is a long reach to hit the door locks, and I doubt many thieves have 4 foot long arms and can reach over the windows. They'd break a window to get in. The exact same procedure that is needed if I had the top on. Nothing is visible, so it is very inconvenient. Also I rarely if ever have anything of value in the car unless I am in it.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I flatly reject the assertions by many that we have the most intelligent and literate people ever in our current age , and firmly believer we are witnessing what is possibly the most ignorant and stupid people ever in history. My landscaper is so dimwitted he didn't understand he had to stand by the trailer and watch the lumber yard employees load landscaping posts so as to ensure he only received straight ones.

Latest posts

Top Bottom