Are you a hypocrite?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I make my business decisions first and foremost on who can provide me with the greatest benefit for the lowest cost. Now if there is a good pro-liberty seller that can provide me approximately the same benefit for the same price as an anti-liberty one, I will consider him as an alternative... but I won't go out of my way, and I won't pay extra just for that. I don't believe that to by hypocrisy... I realize that I have some very strong beliefs that run counter to those of the vast majority of my fellow man. If I were to only do business with those who believe like I do, I would be putting a major penalty on myself, which would cause more harm than good to my values in the long run. I think I can do more good supporting my ideas of liberty in ways other than boycotting anti-liberty companies.

That said, I do not consider the parking lot bill to be supportive of gun rights... I consider it to be violative of property rights and the right to free association, and I strongly support anyone who attempted to get that bill killed. I do consider it a stupid policy to prohibit employees from having guns on your premises, but I recognize that people have a right to make whatever rules they wish for their own property, stupid or not. I also recognize that people have an absolute right to free association, and can form voluntary relationships (such as employment relationships) with others based on whatever terms are mutually agreeable between the parties. Forcing a man into a relationship with another person under terms that he does not consent to constitutes slavery. I do not believe that property owners bear any sort of obligation to keep their customers safe on their property, either -- they merely have an obligation not to initiate a violation of their customer's rights to life, liberty, or property. If a third party comes onto the premises and violates a customer's rights, it is not the fault of the premises owner. If a person believes a premises is unsafe to enter, his remedy is simply to not enter it.

Likewise, if you don't like a store owner's policy, the proper remedy is to boycott him; not to try to get the government to initiate force against him... that is, if you believe in acting like a civilized man and respecting the rights of others, even when they do things with them that you personally disagree with.

I completely agree.... EXCEPT, I don't believe a corporation or business as an entity has the same rights, property or otherwise, as an individual citizen.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, I'm not crazy about the idea of government-chartered entities either. I do believe that people have the right to combine and form a business, but a true free-market business would simply be an association of individuals through contract, and would not have any more or less rights than the individuals themselves. I think that limited liability should exist only through contract as well.

Anyway, the point is moot when it comes to the parking lot law... it applies to all employers, whether they are individuals or some other entity.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You wanna' know who the biggest hypocrites are?

Answer:
The gun manufacturers & the ammo companies...Glock, Winchester, S&W, CCI, Federal, COLT, SIG, etc.

Remember the position Barrett Firearms took against the California DOJ?
Now, *that* was a worthy and serious pro-2A stand.

But what are the other manufacturers doing?
:anyone:

Stop and think about that for a moment......

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Answer:
The gun manufacturers & the ammo companies...Glock, Winchester, S&W, CCI, Federal, COLT, SIG, etc.

^^^^^^^^
Oh.....afraid to touch that one, eh?

:soapbox:

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you buy gas from Conoco-Phillips! Refinery employees are still not allowed to keep weapons in a locked vehicle in employee parking lots.

that's a lawsuit waitin' to happen. conoco phillips needs to update it's policy manual to come into line with OK law. hell the company I work for is owned by a couple of california libs but even they changed the policy manual when the law changed.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Answer:

Nobody at all?

:popcorn:

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
that's a lawsuit waitin' to happen. conoco phillips needs to update it's policy manual to come into line with OK law. hell the company I work for is owned by a couple of california libs but even they changed the policy manual when the law changed.

I dont know what happened but ConocoPhillips along with several other Oklahoma companies sued the State is Federal Court saying that the state law limited their ability to comply with the OSH Act's general duty clause. The court agreed and ordered the laws made invalid to the extent that they conflicted with the federal OSH Act. I dont know what happend after that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom