Arizona Shooting Aftermath

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, but that was politician double speak....he knew it wasn't going to pass, so he didn't have to expend political capital railing against it. Part of the game.

I think the margins are too close to get anything past the Congress at this point. Well okay, I HOPE the margin is to close.

RIP to the fallen....I hate that it has become so political so soon after.

Maj Hassan, a self-proclaimed "soldier of allah" shoots up a bunch of GIs and we are told to not pass judgement or jump to conclusions. Some nut, with no proclaimed political motivation, shoots a politician and a bunch of other innocents and, within 24 hours, we are told it is Sarah Palin and the Tea Party's fault. Shameless.

No kidding ... :explode:

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maj Hassan, a self-proclaimed "soldier of allah" shoots up a bunch of GIs and we are told to not pass judgement or jump to conclusions. Some nut, with no proclaimed political motivation, shoots a politician and a bunch of other innocents and, within 24 hours, we are told it is Sarah Palin and the Tea Party's fault. Shameless.

This is the quote of the year and what every objective and logical pundit should be saying to lend some perspective to what's happening. Shame on politicians, shame on them every one.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
McCarthy ran for Congress after her husband was gunned down and her son seriously injured in a shooting in 1993 on a Long Island commuter train.

Given her situation, it's perfectly understandable that she hates guns. I think she certainly has the right to hate guns. But considering her strong emotional reaction to guns, I think she should recuse herself from any gun related legislation. She is obviously compromised emotionally on the subject and cannot be expected to make rational judgments in the matter. As a professional lawmaker, she should possess the ability to step back when she's too close to a particular topic.

That she campaigned and was elected as a single issue, anti-gun zealot doesn't make me question her situation or her values. It makes me question her integrity as a lawmaker. :(

Republicanhack

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure glad i lost all of mine in that boating accident a few years back, I also threw away my hi capacity ammunition clips after the accident. Tom Brokaw made a really good point about having to buy mini bottles of shampoo before getting on a plane but anyone can buy an automatic weapon and mow down innocents. The more I think about it maybe we do need them to protect us they know alot more than we do. Matt Lauer should be in charge.

Republicanhack

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Given her situation, it's perfectly understandable that she hates guns. I think she certainly has the right to hate guns. But considering her strong emotional reaction to guns, I think she should recuse herself from any gun related legislation. She is obviously compromised emotionally on the subject and cannot be expected to make rational judgments in the matter. As a professional lawmaker, she should possess the ability to step back when she's too close to a particular topic.

That she campaigned and was elected as a single issue, anti-gun zealot doesn't make me question her situation or her values. It makes me question her integrity as a lawmaker. :(

Why would that giver her a right to hate guns? Just like we always say, its not the guns fault its the criminals. If my kids are killed by a drunk driver would i be justified in hating cars?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why would that giver her a right to hate guns? Just like we always say, its not the guns fault its the criminals. If my kids are killed by a drunk driver would i be justified in hating cars?

Anyone has a right to hate anything. Just because her fear is irrational and unreasoned, doesn't make it any less terrifying for her. Some people are more succeptible to fear and loathing, particularly if they've suffered an severe trauma resulting from the use of an object. Which is why I don't judge her individual situation. I simply judge her ethics, based on her position as a lawmaker.

Savage250

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
She has no objectivity on the subject. She's too emotionally involved and rational though doesn't enter the picture for her on this subject. As a professional legislator, she should recuse herself from any involvement in gun control issues. Of course, that would assume that she had any integrity as a legislator. :(

I agree. She should go home and stay there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom