Arm TSA officers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Conceptually (give them the ability to effectively defend themselves), it's not a horrible idea. Operationally, I'm not feeling it.

When cops search someone, they usually have the person under physical control, or have a second (or third, or fourth) officer ready to intervene. That doesn't happen at any TSA checkpoint I've been through. And if people are worried about teachers losing it and shooting a kid, or a kid grabbing a teacher's gun, they should realistically have the exact same concerns about TSA agents.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't like TSA.
So I have mixed feelings about it.
I don't care if they arm them.
I just wish they'd move thm to the parking lot.

Edit: Oh and I wish they'd quit feeling my junk everytime I go through thier dang checkpoint.
If they want a date why not just ask me?

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I propose that we redirect the focus and purpose of the TSA nationwide, as follows: 1.) Sell all their x-ray equipment and use the proceeds to pay down on the national debt. 2.) Terminate roughly 50% of the entire staff of the TSA, including all the federal air marshals, retaining only the most intelligent and highly-qualified individuals with automatic retention of any ex-military and law enforcement personnel. 3.) Train those remaining 50% in how to identify a counterfeit concealed carry permit; fake law enforcement IDs; etc. 4.) Have TSA continue screening for explosives, but mainly through the use of trained canines. 5.) Finally, make it legal for anyone with a valid state or government-issued carry permit and all active and retired law enforcement personnel to carry a weapon on any flight originating and terminating in the U.S. or its possessions. Could a bad guy slip through these new procedures and simply walk onboard an airplane and hijack it? He'd make it onboard, but would likely die in the air in the ensuing gun battle between him and all the armed citizens on the plane he was attempting to hijack. Would it endanger the lives of everyone on board to have gun battles in a metal tube in the sky? Yes, but at least there's a chance of landing the plane safely afterwards - whereas 9/11 taught us that likely won't ever happen with a terrorist at the controls of a plane full of passengers with no means to stop the threat.

Many states already trust their licensed, vetted citizens to walk and drive in public and between states (reciprocity) with weapons on them; I don't see the difference in letting them fly armed anywhere in the U.S.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I propose that we redirect the focus and purpose of the TSA nationwide, as follows: 1.) Sell all their x-ray equipment and use the proceeds to pay down on the national debt. 2.) Terminate roughly 50% of the entire staff of the TSA, including all the federal air marshals, retaining only the most intelligent and highly-qualified individuals with automatic retention of any ex-military and law enforcement personnel. 3.) Train those remaining 50% in how to identify a counterfeit concealed carry permit; fake law enforcement IDs; etc. 4.) Have TSA continue screening for explosives, but mainly through the use of trained canines. 5.) Finally, make it legal for anyone with a valid state or government-issued carry permit and all active and retired law enforcement personnel to carry a weapon on any flight originating and terminating in the U.S. or its possessions. Could a bad guy slip through these new procedures and simply walk onboard an airplane and hijack it? He'd make it onboard, but would likely die in the air in the ensuing gun battle between him and all the armed citizens on the plane he was attempting to hijack. Would it endanger the lives of everyone on board to have gun battles in a metal tube in the sky? Yes, but at least there's a chance of landing the plane safely afterwards - whereas 9/11 taught us that likely won't ever happen with a terrorist at the controls of a plane full of passengers with no means to stop the threat. Many states already trust their licensed, vetted citizens to walk and drive in public and between states (reciprocity) with weapons on them; I don't see the difference in letting them fly armed anywhere in the U.S.

I like this idea

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL ... I don't gotta go to the airport ... I'm married to a damned JBT ... He violates my constitutional rights on a fairly regular basis ... :grumble: :wink2: :rollingla

And you love it!!!! :D

I am surprised no one has said it was a false flag in this thread, after all the guys name is Paul CIAnCIA. :D

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I propose that we redirect the focus and purpose of the TSA nationwide, as follows: 1.) Sell all their x-ray equipment and use the proceeds to pay down on the national debt. 2.) Terminate roughly 50% of the entire staff of the TSA, including all the federal air marshals, retaining only the most intelligent and highly-qualified individuals with automatic retention of any ex-military and law enforcement personnel. 3.) Train those remaining 50% in how to identify a counterfeit concealed carry permit; fake law enforcement IDs; etc. 4.) Have TSA continue screening for explosives, but mainly through the use of trained canines. 5.) Finally, make it legal for anyone with a valid state or government-issued carry permit and all active and retired law enforcement personnel to carry a weapon on any flight originating and terminating in the U.S. or its possessions. Could a bad guy slip through these new procedures and simply walk onboard an airplane and hijack it? He'd make it onboard, but would likely die in the air in the ensuing gun battle between him and all the armed citizens on the plane he was attempting to hijack. Would it endanger the lives of everyone on board to have gun battles in a metal tube in the sky? Yes, but at least there's a chance of landing the plane safely afterwards - whereas 9/11 taught us that likely won't ever happen with a terrorist at the controls of a plane full of passengers with no means to stop the threat.

Many states already trust their licensed, vetted citizens to walk and drive in public and between states (reciprocity) with weapons on them; I don't see the difference in letting them fly armed anywhere in the U.S.

Get outta here with that silly common sense rhetoric...

I like it.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

At 30,000 feet I don't want some yahoo with a 1911 goin' off half cocked because because he's too fat to fight. There are plenty of weapons already on board a 737 without throwing a bunch of firearms into the mix. The chances of any terrorist bringing a firearm on board are slim and none. So filling the fuselage full of bullet holes probably isn't the best option that you have. You gotta be able to think and act outside of the box.

Latest posts

Top Bottom