Arm TSA officers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are people I know in the Tulsa area that have CC permits that I would step on a range with. Other than the background check, the CC training is a joke. The class I took had a lady that was afraid to fire her weapon, so the instructor went and got her a 22 to shoot her qualifying rounds. That was comforting.

I would maybe agree the TSA should be armed if we were talking about sling shots and pinto beans.

The background check is a joke as well.

I agree with you on the CLEET certification. After thinking about it, I could get on board with arming TSA agents when TSA responsibility goes to the State level and the government is taken out of the airport business. I still remember my thought of anger when I seen the videos of TSA agents rubbing their hand all over 6 year old kids. I would rather be on equal ground when they try and feel up my daughter and I decide to wipe that smirk off their face.

Airport security used to be private contractors/airport employees until 9/11.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys are a bunch of prima donnas, I used to fly several times a year for a long while and despite being "randomly" chosen for additional screening 99.9% of the time the groping was never what you guys make it out to be. I don't doubt it may get touchy feely occasionally but I have had repeatedly decent experiences.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys are a bunch of prima donnas, I used to fly several times a year for a long while and despite being "randomly" chosen for additional screening 99.9% of the time the groping was never what you guys make it out to be. I don't doubt it may get touchy feely occasionally but I have had repeatedly enjoyable experiences.

FIFY! Fun times, huh?! :wink2: :urwelcome:

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys are a bunch of prima donnas, I used to fly several times a year for a long while and despite being "randomly" chosen for additional screening 99.9% of the time the groping was never what you guys make it out to be. I don't doubt it may get touchy feely occasionally but I have had repeatedly decent experiences.

You're young and don't know the difference. Maybe I am a Prima Donna, but they have no probable cause to frisk me or to be looking at my junk with their x-rated machines.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont know about arming them all. Maybe just arm supervisory level and higher?

My reasoning for this is I knew a guy who was TSA and he was about the biggest idiot I've ever met. Every area with TSA at work would have at least one supervisor in the immediate area, I'd hope. One gun is enough to adequately protect the workers in each area. I mean heck, one gun(read cop) per how many thousand people is enough to keep us minions safe right?

Those who are supervisors would likely have more time in with TSA or have had some background prior in a job where competence is needed, I would hope. And when I say competent, I don't mean with a firearm, I just mean be a competent individual and not a Barney Fife. They could be sent to some CLEET training. It would be less costly to the TSA to train and arm one in 20 instead of every single employee.

Latest posts

Top Bottom