[Article + photos] Gun owners enjoying open carry freedom at Beverly's Pancake House

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skatalite

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Story here: http://www.newsok.com/article/3724412

cdn2.newsok.biz_cache_r620_c63ee66eeb949ae7929e084bf2e73f83.jpg

Bryan Hull, a founding director of Oklahoma Open Carry Association, addresses a crowd that showed up at Beverly's Pancake House at midnight Thursday to mark the state's transition from a concealed carry one to an open carry one. By Zeke Campfield - THE OKLAHOMAN

cdn2.newsok.biz_cache_r620_839b8ac5841ecd20e408f6aa019710b3.jpg

Matthew Street, left, of Edmond, talks gun politics with James Choate of Yukon. The two were among about 25 men and women who showed up at Beverly's Pancake House at midnight Thursday to celebrate the state's new open carry law. By Zeke Campfield - THE OKLAHOMAN

Hope you guys left pancakes for everyone else! :D

I'm an editor and blogger for NewsOK / The Oklahoman, and I've had a great time reading everything that's come through, and hearing all the discussion about open carry. Now I just hope people remain responsible and don't tarnish a good thing.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmmm.... good point. Scary thought to have something that stupid screw up the first OC outing in the state, covered by the press, to boot. I can't see the pic well enough to make out what he's got, but it looks to be over the 16" limit. :(

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wondered the same thing, but I chose not to confront him. I could not tell with any degree of certainty if his firearm exceeded the size restriction, and I had no authority to question him. Just like I had no authority to go from table to table checking licenses.

At first, I just thought he was happy to see me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom