assault rifles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please don't associate the term "assault rifle" with any of the weapons you've mentioned.

It's bad enough that such a politically loaded term gets used for negative effect in the press...we don't need to perpetuate that terminology.

So Assault Weapons, since assault weapons does refer to these items... right?

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you need to get into the battle rifles now. You have a nice collection of mid size sporting rifles. The PTR company makes a quality HK G-3 clone that will be better than a CETME. Someone also mentioned the Springfield M1A which a good choice. I dig the FAL type rifles also. There are a number of good choices in the .308/7.62 NATO caliber that would be good for plinking and range use. Ammo usually can be found from .40 to .60 cents a round for milsurp type ammo.

Good luck brother.

dak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So Assault Weapons, since assault weapons does refer to these items... right?

assault weapon was a political term that doesn't exist anymore, the law expired.

keep in mind the term was imagined by the same people that thought a 'barrel shroud' was the thing that went up.

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you all for the advice, on which sporting rifles that are military style, I am considering the cetme, but from my research I have done, it sounds like they are crappy rifles, I hear they jam on almost every round, do any of yall have one of these? or have ever had one? or know anything else about them? thanks for the help

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By definition, an assault rifle must be select fire. The cheapest one to get into would be a Ruger AC-556, which starts around $6500. What you want is a semi-auto sporting rifle with military style features.

You already have .223 and 7.62X39 covered, so why not go heavy with a FAL pattern rifle or HK G-3 pattern rifle in .308? Century's and CETME's are pretty reasonably priced and mags are cheap for both.

Yea my AR/AK/GOLANI never assaulted anyone. They are vintage sporting rifles.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My opinion is anyone who is interested in owning a battle-style rifle should own an FAL. M1A is a good option too, but the FAL to me is a must have. And with the 7.62X39 stuff you have, I'd say you should add a Vz58 to your herd as well. I'd wouldn't mind having another FAL, but would be happy to try out a PTR-91 too. Lots of good choices, with money really the only limiting factor.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
assault weapon was a political term that doesn't exist anymore, the law expired.

keep in mind the term was imagined by the same people that thought a 'barrel shroud' was the thing that went up.

BATFE still considers these items SAWs (Semiautomatice Assault Weapons). Just saying.

Anyone who isnt already on one side or the other arent going to be swayed by the term. Thats why, terms mean nothing to me, just words.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want to extend your collection - you should really look into WW2 weapons: there is a lot more to them then "packed, shipped and delivered" :) If you like something that looks like battle rifle - why not get the real deal.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By definition, an assault rifle must be select fire. The cheapest one to get into would be a Ruger AC-556, which starts around $6500. What you want is a semi-auto sporting rifle with military style features.

You already have .223 and 7.62X39 covered, so why not go heavy with a FAL pattern rifle or HK G-3 pattern rifle in .308? Century's and CETME's are pretty reasonably priced and mags are cheap for both.

Please don't associate the term "assault rifle" with any of the weapons you've mentioned.

It's bad enough that such a politically loaded term gets used for negative effect in the press...we don't need to perpetuate that terminology.

assault rifle - Never use the two words together.

I find it interesting that on a forum that bashed political correctness on some terms (undocumented worker for example). Assault rifle a taboo term. Semi automatic sporting rifle is a better term.

Latest posts

Top Bottom