assault rifles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04ZREX

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my CETME and it shoots great. Do you belong to Tri City Gun Club? I do and would be willing to let you shoot it at the range if you wanted.

ai409.photobucket.com_albums_pp179_04ZREX_guns051.jpg

ai409.photobucket.com_albums_pp179_04ZREX_guns052.jpg

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's my CETME and it shoots great. Do you belong to Tri City Gun Club? I do and would be willing to let you shoot it at the range if you wanted.

ai409.photobucket.com_albums_pp179_04ZREX_guns051.jpg

ai409.photobucket.com_albums_pp179_04ZREX_guns052.jpg

I had one exactly like that and it ran like a top but i had a blacked out one before it that put a sour taste in my mouth, the magwell was too long and the magazines wouldnt hardly lock in place and would feed for crap. I suggest getting an M1A or a FAL

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will echo everybody who is suggesting getting into .30 battle rifles.

In my not-so-humble opinion, the M1A/M-14 stands head and shoulders above the others in this category, but you were asking for something that doesn't cost a fortune. It is hard to find an M-14 type for less than a grand.

If money is an object, I would recommend an M-1 Garand from the CMP. I think it's the best rifle you can get for the money anywhere. $500 will get you a CMP field-grade one. Ammo is $.50/round right now unfortunately, but you can get into reloading and defray some of that. Those rifles go for over a grand at gun shows, so the CMP is the deal of the century. The M-1 may be old, and may not be as sexy as some of the stuff on the market nowadays, but it can still get it done, and can still do so better than most. If I were on a 2-way range, I'd take an M-1 over any of this poodle shooter stuff any day.

To buy from the CMP, you have to go to a marksmanship training class run by a CMP-affiliated organization, be a member of a marksmanship organization, and be a U.S. citizen.

Here is my shameless plug: An Appleseed marksmanship clinic counts for the first requirement, and a $20 yearly membership in the RWVA (Appleseed's parent organization) counts for the second. The U.S. citizenship proof is up to you.

I will tell you that there really isn't anything better you can do for yourself as a gun owner and as a citizen that attending an Appleseed. You will especially enjoy it if you're into the "assault rifle" or battle rifle type guns, since we teach all the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship from field positions, and we shoot the Army Qualification Test. We also tell the full story of the Battle of Lexington and Concord (the first battle of the Revolutionary War), like you've never heard it before. We're just trying to keep the heritage of marksmanship and liberty alive. Oh, and it only costs $70 for a weekend marksmanship clinic (free if you're under 21); so just like the CMP M-1 is the deal of the century for rifles, Appleseed is the deal of the century for rifle marksmanship training!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about an Assault Shotgun?

awww.fototime.com_2EAE73E72351FF0_standard.gif

and an Assault Handgun??

[Broken External Image]

Just to complete the collection.

dak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BATFE still considers these items SAWs (Semiautomatice Assault Weapons). Just saying.

Anyone who isnt already on one side or the other arent going to be swayed by the term. Thats why, terms mean nothing to me, just words.

What piece of regulation states that? I googled it and came up with Title 18 Section 921 which is referenced even on Wikipedia but upon investigation of the revised Section 921 the term isn't listed. I believe that's an outdated term that isn't in use anymore.

I like GMThunder's suggestions although a .308 would probably be my choice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom