1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Assault weapons ban introduced.

Discussion in 'Law & Order' started by RickN, Mar 12, 2021.

1. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    The filibuster is still around, but Harry Reid used the nuclear option when he was speaker to create majority vote only on a major vote. I can't remember which it was, but he was told it was going to come back to haunt his party. Republicans have used the nuclear option once if I remember right. Typically they use the filibuster but dims are trying hard to get rid of it with their current majority situation in the congress.

Seadog and ConstitutionCowboy like this.
  2. OKCHunter

OKCHunter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    My guess is this Bill couldn’t pass the filibuster. Therefore, vulnerable Democrats from pro gun states will be allowed to vote against the bill to appease their voters. It’s an old game that has been played many times - an effort for Democrats to retain the power they now have.

3. John6185

John6185 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    The current administration is sad and how they obtained office is a travesty. Our heady, glory days are gone forever for this nation and I blame the politicians. There are those that say well, "we kept voting in the incumbents." No I didn't nor did others who believe as I do. It is the constituents that the democrats bought and created over the decades with our tax dollars who continually vote for the Democrat party. My heart is saddened.

ConstitutionCowboy and thor447 like this.
  4. Seadog

Seadog Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    If I’m recalling right harry Reid is the one that made the nuclear option because he got rid of the 2/3 majority needed to pass bills. For some reason Republicans in office pretended still do things that way For the most part. I guess the show that they are by Pardison or some BS. Democrats will use the nuclear option every time. I may not have been paying attention correctly but I believe they started using the term nuclear option when Trump got into office. I don’t think they used it when the Democrats were in office under Obama. Before Harry Reid if something was filibustered it was dead. Now the term it’s pretty much useless because they will do the majority rule vote every time. Mark my words

dennishoddy likes this.
  5. ConstitutionCowboy

ConstitutionCowboy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    My heart is saddened as well. But, let us not forget the freeloaders who sold themselves into political servitude for a meager subsistence. It's human frailty at it's worst. The saddest part, however, is what is taken from the producers to feed the political servile.

I've worked hard all my life, sometimes with little to no gain, but I never allowed myself to become a burden.

Now again they are attempting to disarm us. That's because they know they are approaching the point where We the People will find their abuses intolerable and will take up those arms to stop them.

Woody

"Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future." B.E.Wood

dennishoddy likes this.
  6. rawhide

rawhide Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Curious exactly what Biden is proposing I read through his plan to stop "gun violence." No real surprises but for those that want to know.

https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/

7. Profreedomokie

Profreedomokie Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I just wonder if a gun like the H&K SL8 that was imported during the last AWB would be legal to own under the proposed ban ?

8. PBramble

PBramble I need TP

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Nope.
    ‘‘(A) A semiautomatic rifle that has the capacity to utilize a magazine that is not a fixed magazine; and‘(ii) does have any 1 of the following: 1‘‘(I) A pistol grip.

‘(45) The term ‘pistol grip’ means a grip, a thumb-hole stock or Thordsen-type grip or stock, or any other characteristic that can function as a grip.

9. PBramble

PBramble I need TP

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    And you'll need to turn in those Contenders according to the wording. Remember, it's not the spirit of the law when the .gov is involved:

‘‘(xx) All Thompson rifles, including the following: