Assault weapons ban of 2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
So you don't have a legitimate answer, either. Got it.

I'm not being obtuse, Skippy. Call me dumb, obtuse or whatever you wish. But I can look at something objectively without beating my chest and talking big on the internet. Maybe you can't. That's the difference between someone who looks at things objectively and logically and someone who looks at things emotionally.

The fact is, not all of our elected representatives are trying to diminish or restrict our rights. The fact is, some have been trying to since basically the beginning of our country. You'll notice, or probably not, that I even said I wasn't defending it...because I knew someone would come along and call me out like I was. I wasn't wrong.

There is a system in place to deal with these people. If, in one's mind, that system is broken and no longer works, the obvious question is, "Now what?" If you don't have the answer just say, "I don't have the answer. But the system is broken." How hard is that?

It's really easy to talk big about making the government fear the people again and it (obviously) appeals to some people. But if all you got is talk then that ain't solving the problem any more than voting and writing and calling.
no, he said his legitimate answer would get him banned or otherwise be unsavory. he didn't say he didn't have one. that's on you.

the second paragraph is you beating your chest and talking big. that's what we all do dawg.

>the fact is, not all of our elected representatives are trying to diminish or restrict our rights.

wrong. first; they aren't elected. if voter fraud is common, you have no idea if your "elected" reps are actually elected. second; they get all of their bills from lobbyists, PAC's, 527's, NGO's, or straight up corporate shills. none of these people are elected. who wrote this very bill? does anyone know? has anyone read it? have the politicians whose names are on it?

no is the answer to all of those questions; thus i feel calling anyone an "elected" rep is disingenuous.

talk does solve the problem; if enough people join the conversation. talk moves the needle. i guess no one talked about revolution before lexington and concord LOL

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Joe... Just so you know, I find most things you post completely irrelevant. You likely feel the same about me and that's fine. When I can make sense of your babbling nonsense it's mostly so out there that I actually feel odd that I was able to make some sense out of it. I mostly just want to tell you to shut up and let the adults in the room talk. But, we all know that's not effective with petulant children. Don't you have a leak to fix?

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have given an answer in the past. A new revolution. That’s what it will take. I don’t want it because I know how horrible it will be. But this is where we are. Our country has been going down the toilet for decades. We keep re electing the same kind of people. It will never change. The richest people win.

And let me add, the constitution gives us the authority to remove a tyrannical government. Our government IS tyrannical. And just so we are clear, ANYONE that goes against the constitution even one time has broken their SWORN oath to protect and defend it.

OK... I can respect a direct response like that even if I don't necessarily agree with all of it.

I do agree it's a terrible thought to contemplate. Aside from the obvious issues with a real revolution (destruction, death on a huge scale, etc...) there are a myriad of other things to consider.

So many in the gun community have this romantic notion that a revolution will work out just swell and that "our side" will win because we like guns more than the other guys. What they seem to forget is the other side gets a vote, too, and they'll be a formidable opponent.

The left, for the most part, controls the media. All forms of it. The left controls the schools. They control the big urban population centers. They control a lot of things. Hell...by some accounts they seem to control the military any more. That's a lot to overcome.

And what is a revolution gonna look like. Are we just gonna shoot our neighbors because they have a "Biden/Harris" sticker on their car? How are we gonna to coordinate and communicate? It's pretty hard to say something without big brother listening these days. It's gonna be even harder with a civil war going on. How is the federal government react? My guess is they become more hardened and more authoritarian. But I don't know.

There are just too many unknowns for me. And I don't think we're there yet. I do know I'm not certain "our side" would win. At all.

Iratus

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK... I can respect a direct response like that even if I don't necessarily agree with all of it.

I do agree it's a terrible thought to contemplate. Aside from the obvious issues with a real revolution (destruction, death on a huge scale, etc...) there are a myriad of other things to consider.

So many in the gun community have this romantic notion that a revolution will work out just swell and that "our side" will win because we like guns more than the other guys. What they seem to forget is the other side gets a vote, too, and they'll be a formidable opponent.

The left, for the most part, controls the media. All forms of it. The left controls the schools. They control the big urban population centers. They control a lot of things. Hell...by some accounts they seem to control the military any more. That's a lot to overcome.

And what is a revolution gonna look like. Are we just gonna shoot our neighbors because they have a "Biden/Harris" sticker on their car? How are we gonna to coordinate and communicate? It's pretty hard to say something without big brother listening these days. It's gonna be even harder with a civil war going on. How is the federal government react? My guess is they become more hardened and more authoritarian. But I don't know.

There are just too many unknowns for me. And I don't think we're there yet. I do know I'm not certain "our side" would win. At all.

As much as I would like to argue with you, I really cant because youre not wrong imo. While I dont agree with everything stated but it would not be an instant win. It would be ugly and most likely make the first one look like a warm up.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have given an answer in the past. A new revolution. That’s what it will take. I don’t want it because I know how horrible it will be. But this is where we are. Our country has been going down the toilet for decades. We keep re electing the same kind of people. It will never change. The richest people win.

And let me add, the constitution gives us the authority to remove a tyrannical government. Our government IS tyrannical. And just so we are clear, ANYONE that goes against the constitution even one time has broken their SWORN oath to protect and defend it.
I have been yelling for a Revolution since Biden took office. We have no leaders except for Retired Generals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom