assisted suicide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After watching mom go through her battle with cancer and hearing the pain and frustration in her voice those last few months, it's definitely something I'd imagine people in her position think about. Even for just a second. She constantly said she just wanted to fall asleep and wake up in heaven. I'm pretty sure that's exactly what she did.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I could absolutely do it myself, but that would disqualify my wife from getting my life insurance that she will need to pay off the medical and other debt. some states have legal medical assisted suicide for people who are terminal where Doctors review your case and if approved they prescribe the drugs you administer yourself
You’d be surprised. I checked my health insurance and they’ll pay even if I kill myself.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably no longer an option for me because I’m old and fat and seasonally out of shape. And in retrospect it’s not well thought out.

But when I was younger I used to say if it got that bad and it was cold enough just give me my favorite gun and take me hunting. My wife thought I was suggesting suicide by blowing my head off. But I wasn’t. I was talking about finding a nice tree to sit by and just freeze to death with an old buddy.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a fan, at all. Not necessarily for religious reasons either. Like everything, something that is maybe a good thing is perverted by politics.

1) It devalues life in general.
2) It basically gets rid of hope.
3) Akin to abortion, it will be normalized.
4) It will be presented entirely too often as an option, especially with an aging population.
5) You can turn off the switch yourself.
6) It will be forced on the unwilling, especially the elderly.

Sorry, my body my choice. Getting a Doctor involved only serves to make it an easier decision.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After watching Dad decline for a couple of years before he finally passed a few months ago, I'd absolutely been looking for a different option if it were me. I'm honestly surprised that he didn't do something before then. On a Thursday he finally said "enough" and said he wanted off his meds, and was fully aware of what that outcome would be. The following Monday he died.

Was that suicide? More or less, it was.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After watching Dad decline for a couple of years before he finally passed a few months ago, I'd absolutely been looking for a different option if it were me. I'm honestly surprised that he didn't do something before then. On a Thursday he finally said "enough" and said he wanted off his meds, and was fully aware of what that outcome would be. The following Monday he died.

Was that suicide? More or less, it was.

I'm sorry for your loss mi amigo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom