ATF now proposes owners of powder to notify fire departments of inventory

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess they forgot about this...

Powder Storage.png

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I notified FD.

Had a house fire in '84. VFD standing around, deciding what to do. Fire in attic, east side.
I grabbed a hose and went to west end. One of the volunteers, I worked with, came up and asked what I was doing. Told him, "that corner is closet. It contains 10k rounds and 50# of powder."

He started hollering at guys and the fire was out, in a very few minutes.

Fire Marshall asked about "all that powder." Told him, "powder? There is a couple shotguns and a partial box of duck loads." He laughed, "I knew them boys was hysterical."

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
well it is a good practice to let the firemen know if you have large stashes of powder or ammo in a part of the home for their safety. I don't need the atf to use common sense for worker safety.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From my experience with a total loss fire in 2010; you wont forget to mention it to the FD. They wont forget to ask about it.
However when they say that they are not concerned about your glock because semi autos will jam after the first round cooks off...mine cycled all16 rounds and was found in the lock back position...with a melted lower half. lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom