ATF to reclassify AR and AK pistols as AOW’s!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since you seem versed in the HB case, you also know that the ATF measured it incorrectly and basically has to redo their assessment, in addition to the letter they received. You're also aware the ATF doesn't make laws. I agree with contacting people, I don't agree with the stir that is being caused by all of the false information being put out there by people who are either incapable or unwilling to read the information available.

They make "rules", that violated, can get you in prison, correct or incorrect?

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
They make "rules", that violated, can get you in prison, correct or incorrect?
They make interpretations. I think his will explain it better than I can.

ATF occasionally issues publications to inform the industries it regulates and the general public about the laws and regulations administered and enforced by ATF. These include guidebooks, newsletters, brochures, studies, and reports. ATF publications do not have the force and effect of federal statutes or Department of Justice regulations, and are not final agency actions. They may also be rescinded or modified at ATF’s discretion.

But,yes, you can get in trouble violating one of the regulations passed.

Last edited:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They make interpretations. I think his will explain it better than I can.

ATF occasionally issues publications to inform the industries it regulates and the general public about the laws and regulations administered and enforced by ATF. These include guidebooks, newsletters, brochures, studies, and reports. ATF publications do not have the force and effect of federal statutes or Department of Justice regulations, and are not final agency actions. They may also be rescinded or modified at ATF’s discretion.

But,yes, you can get in trouble violating one of the regulations passed.

A rose, by any other name....

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
A rose, by any other name....
Again, it's the information in the letter that is available. That's the part that everyone is having an issue understanding. It specifically states for importation. Take from it what you want, but then again, I see how something as simple as the left lane law in Oklahoma is not understood either. In either case, since I'm not getting the point across, I'll concede the rest of this conversation to let you believe what you will and tell me I told you so later.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gentlemen nothing has happened yet. YET. I believe, IF I am reading all of this correctly, that ban will mainly be towards future imports of “pistol” like weapons from non-United States based companies. What I am having trouble finding is what happens to the millions of Americans who currently own Pistol Braced AR15 pistols and/or AKs. I can’t imagine that all of the sudden those firearms will be illegal unless lawfully registered as SBRs and AOWs. I stand by my previous points that I don’t think any of this will actually happen. This crap happens every time there is an election. The gun community goes bonkers grabbing ammunition and firearms in fear of impending bans. Just one mans opinion mind you.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gentlemen nothing has happened yet. YET. I believe, IF I am reading all of this correctly, that ban will mainly be towards future imports of “pistol” like weapons from non-United States based companies. What I am having trouble finding is what happens to the millions of Americans who currently own Pistol Braced AR15 pistols and/or AKs. I can’t imagine that all of the sudden those firearms will be illegal unless lawfully registered as SBRs and AOWs. I stand by my previous points that I don’t think any of this will actually happen. This crap happens every time there is an election. The gun community goes bonkers grabbing ammunition and firearms in fear of impending bans. Just one mans opinion mind you.

I buy what I can when I can. Of COURSE people are worried... hell, aren't you worried Uncle Joe will get elected? If so, don't you think it WILL get harder to get the firearms-related items you need or want?

So why do people get bent out of shape? Yes, it is fine to say we shouldn't wait till the last minute, but belittling people for worrying seems kind of... I dunno, pointless? You really gonna tell me you feel ZERO concern that the left might take the House, Senate and White House, and if they do, that they will make serious changes in firearms laws?

If you have zero concern, I gotta say, I'm a little flabbergasted.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have zero concern and I'm not skeered of Joe.

I've noticed a few AR pistols in the classifieds here lately. Maybe there are some folks here worried about this but I'm not.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I buy what I can when I can. Of COURSE people are worried... hell, aren't you worried Uncle Joe will get elected? If so, don't you think it WILL get harder to get the firearms-related items you need or want?

So why do people get bent out of shape? Yes, it is fine to say we shouldn't wait till the last minute, but belittling people for worrying seems kind of... I dunno, pointless? You really gonna tell me you feel ZERO concern that the left might take the House, Senate and White House, and if they do, that they will make serious changes in firearms laws?

If you have zero concern, I gotta say, I'm a little flabbergasted.

Sir I am not sure how you took any my statement as “belittling” anyone. I didn’t call anyone names. I didn’t say any one was stupid or silly. I simply stated that this dumb crap happens every time there is a major election. YES. I am worried about what will happen if Biden gets elected. However, I am not going to feed the panic. There is a lot of grey area out there right now. People are wayyyyyy too panicky for my tastes. Example.... try to find ammo online or anywhere else right now. Furthermore, look at the prices. Tell me people aren’t buying into the fear mongering. ANY anti-gun legislation will create a mess politically and domestically. I hope none of it happens.

My question was, and still is by the way. What happens to the one million or so AR or AK pistol owners out there right now? How are these going to be regulated? What will they be considered? “Grandfathered” or???? I really don’t see how they are permissible one day and illegal the next by the stroke of a pen. There will have to be a time frame allocated for folks to get their gear registered or converted.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have zero concern and I'm not skeered of Joe.

I've noticed a few AR pistols in the classifieds here lately. Maybe there are some folks here worried about this but I'm not.

Well, I hope you're right. But having zero concern that our rights may be violated - now, or 4 years from now, I feel like is a little shortsighted. Not knocking you, but I feel we should have a concern when someone is outright demanding our rights be restricted and that person has MILLIONS of people supporting them, nearly EVERY mainstream media outlet outright censoring opposing content and protecting them, and BILLIONS of dollars in backing.

Yeah... it concerns me.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sir I am not sure how you took any my statement as “belittling” anyone. I didn’t call anyone names. I didn’t say any one was stupid or silly.

The gun community goes bonkers grabbing ammunition and firearms in fear of impending bans. Just one mans opinion mind you.

Yeah, I kinda take that as belittling. Sorry if you disagree, but it was said (contextually) in a disparaging way. So yeah, I take it as a bit of a belittling comment. Disagree if you like, that's your right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom