ATF to reclassify AR and AK pistols as AOW’s!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm curious. I thought a stripped lower receiver was already considered an AOW? Last time I bought one it was marked on the paper work that way. Similar to how the 14" barrel shotgun is legal when made oal 26". Not registered as shotgun but AOW. Is this something different?

You are mixing apples and oranges ;)

Title 1 guns (regular rifles, shotguns, handguns, etc..) are listed on the 4473 as long gun, handgun or other (stripped receiver or frame).

An AOW (Any Other Weapon) is a title 2 (NFA) weapon in the same category as MG's, SBR/SBS's, Suppressors and DD's. They require an NFA form 1 to build or a form 4 to transfer. Here is the definition of an AOW https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/what-does-“any-other-weapon-mean

In other words, they are 2 totally different things.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm curious. I thought a stripped lower receiver was already considered an AOW? Last time I bought one it was marked on the paper work that way. Similar to how the 14" barrel shotgun is legal when made oal 26". Not registered as shotgun but AOW. Is this something different?

Shockwaves and Tac14's arent AOW's, they're "firearms". There's a difference. A big one in the eyes of the ATF.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is why I oppose any regulation the good folks at the ATF concoct, Congress is supposed to make laws, not regulatory agencies.
Congress created these bureaucracy's so they didn't have to pass laws that made people mad and could get re-elected. Their entire job is to stand and pontificate about the other party.

Latest posts

Top Bottom