Backup Gun Dilemma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CWO 45

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll add another two cents Get an all steel model, because your BUG needs to be shot as much if not more than your primary. Yes to the revolver, as you may have to shoot through a garment. Do that with a Semiauto, an you now have a very expensive singleshot semiauto. Back to the all steel revolver, your going to want to shoot it, your going to need to shoot it, an your going to want to shoot your defensive load to know where its going to hit at different distances(Yes they can be accurate out to 25yds an beyond). Oh yeah, get yourself some quality gear, your gonna drop a few bills on the gun, don't skimp on the gear!!!!!!!!

I've had a 640-1 and a 442 for years. I used to shoot them side by side (only with defensive loads) every time I went to the range with a primary semi-auto. I used the same ammo in them (.38+P) and admit the 442 wasn't quite as comfortable as the 640. However, I gradually quit shooting the 640 and eventually it became relegated to a bedside gun for my wife. Why? Because when I put one on in the morning it was always the lighter 442 and I shot it just as good as the 640. I haven't worn it out yet and if I do, I'll just buy another one.

S

Smokin

I never really learned to operate a revolver, so it is strictly autos for me. If I need to carry a back up gun, it is usually my G-36 backing up my G-32. I am looking hard at a G33 for the same purpose.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never really learned to operate a revolver, so it is strictly autos for me. If I need to carry a back up gun, it is usually my G-36 backing up my G-32. I am looking hard at a G33 for the same purpose.

Seriously? You pull the trigger, it goes bang and a bullet comes out of the end. So simple even a gecko could do it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom