Bad experience while gun shopping in Lawton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pawn shops make their money from distressed sales. Pawners "Need" money, the shop is there waiting.... to offer you cash, but well below market value, even if it's an outright sale. Same when they re-sell the stuff- Marked up prices for those that don't know any better. I traded a VG+ condition Ruger MKII with Burris scope for a Smith 657 at Uncle Sam's about 20 years ago. I paid too much, but had sold myself on it because it matched a 629 I already had and my travel settlement was burning a hole in my pocket. Happens all the time in GI towns.

You can try dealing with them, but good luck with that.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you read the original post, you'll see i clearly stated that i am not looking for you to critique, as you weren't there. I asked about times you have had a bad reaction in a gun shop & how you handled it.

Also, (this is why I don't care for the comments of ppl that weren't there) I did clearly state that I was going to take it apart, right after I stated that I would buy it pending my looking at the internals.

Hehe...you see one often gets more than one asks for on OSA - deal with it. Consider it a free service of the generous board members.

Never had a really bad experience except in one place - Buck's Pawn Shop on Lee Blvd. I walked in once and asked to look at a used AR-7 for which he was asking top dollar. I looked at it then remarked to him that these were for sale on GB for much less than he was asking even including shipping. In return he started getting agitated then yelling about how it was his shop and no one could come in and tell him what to charge, etc., etc. I walked out never to return.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's another "the drive to Duncan to visit Murf's is worth it" post. Murf's has been around since I was a kid ... My mom's pet shop was right next door to their store back in the day ... I miss being able to go over and have a pop with the guys. Granted, it's probably a different bunch of guys now ... lol

It's Clinton's boys, Craig and Ken and a couple of other local guys. Probably 2/3's of what I own came out of one of the 3 locations I've known them being in, the first shop over on the East side and the two new locations out on 81.

I played ball with Craig in high school, and one of the other guys that works in there broke my leg playing in a pickup football game when I was in Jr high.

Where was your mom's place?

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's Clinton's boys, Craig and Ken and a couple of other local guys. Probably 2/3's of what I own came out of one of the 3 locations I've known them being in, the first shop over on the East side and the two new locations out on 81.

I played ball with Craig in high school, and one of the other guys that works in there broke my leg playing in a pickup football game when I was in Jr high.

Where was your mom's place?

Clinton passed away a few years ago. Ken and Kreg run it now.

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Asle's (sp) ripped me off in 08 during the panic buy. I ordered a colt 6920 payed upfront $1400 then when i go and pick the rifle up it's a ****ing dpms sportacol x-( he said itwas all he could get. So i asked for my money back and was told no. So i asked for store credit and was told no. So i got stuck with a $1400 pos .i will never do business with him again.

Wow!! This sounds unethical and probably illegal. I think I would have immediately walked down to the courthouse and filed a small claims lawsuit... but that's just me.

LL

Latest posts

Top Bottom