Bad experience while gun shopping in Lawton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1989outlaw

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The guys at Stans are goobers. They tried to convince me into buying .40 S&W for a my G20 because they didnt carry 10 . Said it would work just fine just be lower powered. Real meatheads in that place . Selection has always sucked in that place . A little known shop is in Marlow on 4th street by Main . Had a decent amount of stuff before the rush , fair prices too . 25$ transfers . Dannys in Duncan is OK , they used to stock ALOT of oddball ,Rare ammo .Thats about all they had left last time I was in there .

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ausley's is more of a cop supply shop, but they have a dozen handguns, typically a little on the high side, rest of the place is cop gear, & some seriously old shelf stock. The owners wife is really nice, & the owner has his moments but for the most part he is a good guy. Just think he deals with a lot of jerks, so he has to warm up to you a bit before he is Mr. friendly. Its on C and 21'st I believe, but it pulls right up on google.

On Target is over on Ft. Sill Blvd, right by the big Uhaul location, little towards the base gate from there. Super nice people, he is FFL/Gunsmith. I got to put hands on his personal carry piece, & I was impressed by the action, smooth as silk, crisp as glass. The also only have a couple guns, but prices don't make you feel like you took crazy pills.

Good description of Ausleys there. Ive only been there twice and that pretty much sums it up. The owners wife was always nice and helped me or answered any questions I had, while the owner just blew me off and never really asked if I needed any help. The first time I was lookin for some glock sights and while I was there asked if they had any AR mags. He kinda mumbled and said he did and then his wife brought some out from the back room. Cant remember what brand they were, but they were polymer or plastic and they were $40. I passed on them.

The next time I went in I noticed they had some 33rd Korean made Glock mags. I let the lady know I wanted one and went to pay, but they dont take mastercard. No big deal, I told her I would run to the atm real quick and be back. Before I left I asked, out of curiositly, if they had any AR mags, specifically any PMags. She asked the guy, and he said No. Ok, so I go to the atm and come back to pay. She then asks me if I want an AR magazine? I said I thought you guys didnt have any. She then tells me that they do have one in the back, and while I was gone to the atm, she was telling him to sell it to me. I asked if I could see it and then she asks the guy if hes going to sell me that AR magazine. He again says he doesnt have any and walks off just kinda blowing me off again. It was a bit weird.

One more thing I noticed while I was there, they had what looked to be a nickel finish revolver of some sort, but it was pink. I went to take a closer look at it thinkin my wife might like it. As I took a closer look through the glass case, it almost looked like someone had just taken a pink highlighter to the frame. Whatever was put on it to make it pink didnt look good at all. It wasnt smooth and looked blotchy, lighter and darker in some spots. kinda seemed like it was just done quickly just to try and appeal to female buyers.

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never had a problem with Stan's (but I've never tried to field stip anything on their counter either). Ofcourse I've never bought anything from them as their prices are alittle high.

What happened to Uncle sam's?

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What happened to Uncle sam's?

The owner decided it was more profitable/less hassle to focus on the used car business. It is clear (just look at the folks going in/out of the used car office door with gun cases) that he still does individual sales or transfers but the storefront is just history.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks to the OP for this; will probably keep me out of Stan's. Action is on the high side, but will bargain on a good day. Frog's is sometimes on the high side of reasonable, but most of the people I've dealt with there have been knowledgeable and helpful. YMMV as alway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom