1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Baker Benched!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by emapples, Oct 18, 2020.

1. emapples

emapples Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles...benched-for-case-keenum-amid-steelers-blowout

I remember arguing fervently with some OU folks here that Baker was going to kill it in the NFL, to which I said it was to soon to tell....but no,no,no they were adamant he was gong to be the next Johnny Unitas .......Well he’s been benched. Let’s get the he’s the greatest ever started again I really want to hear all about it :)

2. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I saw a graphic in the 3rd quarter that Baker had been sacked 4 times, rushed 11 times and hit 6 times. Is Baker the problem? :anyone:

3. cdschoonie

cdschoonie Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    But he is a punk... I hate OU with every ounce of my being, but honestly the kid was a stud in college, he’s just a downright punk. I hate when these kids go pro, then act entitled, but he’s top one or 2, worst I’ve ever seen.

4. CorpsVet

CorpsVet Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    He went into the game with a rib injury and took some pretty hard hits today before being taken out

5. emapples

emapples Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Fair question, but lots of QB’s get hit, sacked, et and have much better records. Maybe they don’t spend any money on the O-line? I think he is a decent QB, and so far he’s underachieving in a big way. Lat year he was second in INT percentage, second to the master Jamies Winston who threw so many he lost his job

6. emapples

emapples Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Maybe he shouldn’t have gone in the game with that injury. I am not saying he’s a total loss but he’s fair from being the superstar everyone though he’d be. He still has time, and well he made it to the NFL and that a win in and of itself. But I took heat for saying he hasn’t done anything in the NFL yet and might flop. Hopefully he is just a slow starter like a Derrick Henry (who looked like a total bust there for a bit, now he’s a monster)

7. druryj

druryj Administrator Staff Member

Administrator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I hope his boo-boo isn't too bad.

8. Gunbuffer

Gunbuffer Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Thanks for posting, you BLM enabler

JD8, Jwryan84, pstmstr and 1 other person like this.
  9. pstmstr

pstmstr Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Come on man, it is the Cleveland Browns. They should be entitled to 3 wins before the season starts. If he can take a concrete wall and Fayetteville PD sidewalk tackle he should be above to take hits from those soft padded guys on turf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

10. 1911Sooner

1911Sooner Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Baker was banged up before the game and playing against the Steelers defense didn't help. They pulled him when the game was well in hand as most coaches would. Baker has led them to a winning record for the first time in many many years.