Battle of my steel .22lr revolvers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lassoed another unicorn !!!!!

Dan Wesson model 22 (.22lr)

Dan Wesson - 2.jpg

Dan Wesson .22 - 1.jpg

The revolver came with a 6 & 8 inch barrel and barrel wrench, feeler gauge and extra front sights -- Ordered a 4 inch heavy barrel from Dan Wesson (they were bought by CZ-USA, they have a Webstore) -- The frame and 6 & 8 inch barrels were made in Monson, Mass, the 4” barrel had .22lr printed on the barrel, guessing Norwich, NY manufacture, got the case and factory grip on Ebay.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Wesson_Firearms

Have not got to shoot it yet, original owner had the 8 inch barrel, said he shot squirrels off his porch -- got to love America !!!!

Saw my first Dan Wesson .357 magnums black in 1981, wanted one ever since -- I think this .22LR is much better !!!!

Silly side story -- I bought the case (Pistol Pac) it has internal locks on the latches, with no keys -- they have pictures of the key on Ebay and on the Dan Wesson Forum websites -- kinda pricey -- So i look in my key box ( 3 X 5 index card box full of old keys, my wife said I should throw away) I find a set of keys marked shotgun case, that I traded away years ago -- they actually fit and work.

Dry fired with my Pachmayr snap caps -- excellent double action and single action trigger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom