being in the right place at the right time....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drgnracin72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stopped by my local pawn shop today to see if they had anything that would peak my interest. I was looking around when a guy came in with a M&P45 and needed some cash so he wanted to sell it. They told him they would only give him $300. He tried getting more, but decided he would sell it since he needed the cash. I jumped in and told him id give him $350 hed wait for me to go to the bank. So, I brought home a brand spankin new m&p45. The only downside is it has a thumb safety, but I think I can get over for the price I paid. Put about 100 rounds through it tonight, and some through my other guns. Great day!

i37.photobucket.com_albums_e53_drgnracin72_20130411_155034_zps4eeb9e40.jpg

i37.photobucket.com_albums_e53_drgnracin72_20130411_194641_zps1c2a000b.jpg

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Good deal! Did the pawn shop owner get pissed?

The thumb safety and the magazine safety are easily removed.

There are a couple of YouTube videos for it.

I have heard that S&W will send you the plugs to fill in the frame where the safety was.

Be careful, that M&P just might become your favorite.

Drgnracin72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive had m&ps before, and the safty will be gone in no time... the pawn shop owner was not pleased. but I won and the guy got some extra money out of the deal so it was a win-win

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, a guy can only do that once in a shop. You likely aren't welcome back there if they recognize you. But that is definitely a good price on that pistol.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The guy turned down the shops offer. The way I see it, is that what they get for lowballing someone. Were you at Bills? I get a funny feeling about that place.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I understand this right, you went in a Pawn Shop. A customer brought in a S&W MP, the Pawn Shop guy made an offer of $300, and you interrupted their deal with a larger offer of $350. If this is what you did... You are dead wrong in your actions, I hope you don't do this at gun shows.

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I understand this right, you went in a Pawn Shop. A customer brought in a S&W MP, the Pawn Shop guy made an offer of $300, and you interrupted their deal with a larger offer of $350. If this is what you did... You are dead wrong in your actions, I hope you don't do this at gun shows.

Just wondering how was he "dead wrong"? Pawn shop could have offered $375

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Just wondering how was he "dead wrong"? Pawn shop could have offered $375

I assume he is referring to the act as being tortious interference with a contract? Just spit balling here though. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom