being in the right place at the right time....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i don't know...I see both sides of the argument. The shop needs to turn a profit and I doubt he is keeping it for himself, so a reasonable offer should be considered. If a guy needs money, there certainly are easier ways to sell a gun. if the guy didn't have time to list it, then I guess a shop is the only way. i sold my P290 in academy (parking lot obviously) a guy came in looking for that specific gun...guy at the counter said nope, we don't have any. I told the guy it was my current carry weapon. he inspected, and bought it, i went inside and bought the new XDs. win-win.

congrats to the OP on a good find. deals can be had. OP subject line hits the nail on the head.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a similar experience. I was in a gun store looking around and a guy came in with a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 in the box. The guy said he wanted $250.00 for it and the guy behind the counter said he wouldn't give more than $200.00 for it. The guy said "no thanks" and headed for the door. I caught him as he got to his car and told him that if he'd follow me to the ATM, I'd give him what he was asking. He did and it was a done deal.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My .02, since it was after they negotiated and the shop owner declined, their negotiation is over...BUT, I would have followed him outside vs. conducting business in someone else's business.

Latest posts

Top Bottom