Beretta 390 not cycling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright, I have a 20 gauge 390 that I recently sent off to have it dipped in a Hydrographic camo covering. The gun worked flawless before it was sent off. Before I shipped it off, I took off the trigger assembly, bolt assembly, and the cap and spring under the forearm grip. I was nervous about sending a gun off that was complete. I got the gun back and put it back together and the gun will not cycle a shell now. It shoots just fine but doesn't even act like it tries to cycle the shell. The following shell is dropped out of the shell tube but the spent shell is left in the gun.

Obviously I am thinking that something happened when the gun was dipped, but have no clue what it might be. I did not take the magazine tube off the gun and did not break down the stock to pull the spring out of it. It acts like it is not getting enough gas to completely cycle the action.

Any ideas on this issue???

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to suggest a plugged gas port, in the barrel. I'm more familiar with the inertia guns, so please bear that in mind. In a 1200 & similar, if the gun is short-stroking, it will feed from the mag tube, but not eject/extract. Since the whole thing was dipped, it would be reasonable to suspect some residue in your gas port.

Latest posts

Top Bottom