Bersa Thunder Pro UC!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The trigger is very crisp. The first shot of course taking a little more effort because of the double action. After each shot the trigger resets nicely, basically forcing your finger back into position and ready for the next shot.

A buddy and I went shooting the other day with our Bersa's and a Sig. The anticipation on the Sig trigger was much worse (wondering when it was going to finally fire) and did not have as firm of a reset as the Bersa trigger.

As a testimony of how well I like these, I will say that I have 6 and would not trade them for any other handgun on the market, regardless of price. It is my opinion that you will not find a better gun for the money.

Thanks I appreciate it! I've heard mixed things on the matte finish. I believe I read it some kind of tennifer finish. I imagine that it holds up similar to a Glock, SD, or M&P finish, but it just doesn't look quite as smooth as the aforementioned. Is that correct?

Also do you any of your Bersa's have the Duo-tone finish? I'm curious to see the quality of that finish option. I'm not really concerned with how pretty the finish is (as this will be a carry piece not a safe queen), I more concerned with durability.

Thor20003

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should have mentioned, I don't have any of the all-black models, mine are all duotone (one stainless) or all nickel model The only thing to be careful of with them is to not use a cleaner like hoppes #9 because it will attack the copper under the nickel finish. I have seen some of the blotchy finish on the black slides but also saw a more recent one and it looked a lot better, almost a cerakote or powder coat looking finish. I have heard that the new duotones are not nickel but something else. Had a buddy that just bought a nickel 40 and was told it was discontinued, but I have not confirmed that.

The newer models also have new sights that are compatible with some model of the Sig night sights, but it depends on the model number.

The black ones don't look blotchy when in the holster :-)

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should have mentioned, I don't have any of the all-black models, mine are all duotone (one stainless) or all nickel model The only thing to be careful of with them is to not use a cleaner like hoppes #9 because it will attack the copper under the nickel finish. I have seen some of the blotchy finish on the black slides but also saw a more recent one and it looked a lot better, almost a cerakote or powder coat looking finish. I have heard that the new duotones are not nickel but something else. Had a buddy that just bought a nickel 40 and was told it was discontinued, but I have not confirmed that.

The newer models also have new sights that are compatible with some model of the Sig night sights, but it depends on the model number.

The black ones don't look blotchy when in the holster :-)

Thanks Thor I appreciate all the good info you're giving me on this pistol! After a little Google search I came up with this info on the sights.

Bersa Compatability with Night Sights for all Thunder 9PRO, 40PRO and 45PRO

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that Bersa is now making all Thunder 9, 40, and 45's with dovetail rear and front sights fully compatable with the SIG 220/226 starting these serial numbers:

Thunder 45 UC starting from serial # A76136
Thunder 9 & 40 HC # A80227
Thunder 9 & 40 UC # A80077

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have a bersa thunder 380. accurate gun because of a fixed barrel. i think the trigger is a very long pull and not as nice to shoot as a glock or XD or some other guns. the bersa has a very good feel to it. my slide lock will release the slide when i insert the mag and bump it hard and gun has not been used that much. pretty fun to shoot.

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That video shows 17 rounds, however the specs on the Bersa site show 13+1

9MM Specifications

• Model: TPUC9
• Caliber(s): 9MM
• Action: DA/SA
• Capacity: 10+1 or 13+1
• Barrel Length: 3.25”
• Front Sight: Interchangeable Sig Sauer type
• Rear Sight: Interchangeable Sig Sauer type
• Finishes: Duotone or Matte Black
• Grips: Checkered Black Polymer
• Construction: Alloy Frame/Steel Slide
• Safety: Integral Locking System, Manual, Firing Pin
• Weight: 23 oz.
• Length: 6.5”
• Height: 4.75”
• Width: 1.45”

http://www.bersa.com/bersa-firearms/thunder-9-and-45-uc-pro-series.html

Am I missing something?

BTW, I know Academy sells Bersa, don't know about this model.

Neil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder what happened at the 1445 round mark that caused the video to end. I'm not saying I think the pistol exploded, I'm just curious why they ended it abruptly at that point.

Reaction score
These are very good guns for the money it seems - only knock on them is longevity of small parts - allegedly they break over time. I can't prove or disprove, as the one I had worked great and was accurate, but then again I didn't put hundreds of rounds through it, let alone thousands of rounds.

I'd really really like to see an honest & more involved (like 3000 rounds +) torture test of a Bersa Thunder, because if they hold up, they'd be the best value going. Steel mags, steel sights, steel guide rod, aluminum frame, good features - all for around $300 - wow. But as it stands, this video is itself pretty impressive.

Oh, the grips are on the thickish side - that's a negative for me and some others.

okie1306

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive had a Thunder Pro 9 UC for about a year, been carrying it for about 6 months. probably got 1500 rounds through it so far, it just gets sweeter with time. things really start smoothing out around the 500 round mark or so, but youll notice a difference after the first 100. very accurate gun, and the weight helps keep it under control when my wife shoots it. im not a big guy ( 5'8'' 140 lbs ) and I find the grip excellent. easy to field strip, and they have a lock that takes a special key , that totally renders the gun useless. good for locking it up when I go somewhere that I cant carry and have to leave it in the truck. I would definitely recommend this gun to anyone looking for a good, dependable carry piece, or for something to take to the range.

Latest posts

Top Bottom