Best 1911 .45 concealed carry gun??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This:

http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/dan-wesson-guardian/

i303.photobucket.com_albums_nn132_SirJames_album_DSC02591.jpg

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Correct, looking for a smaller/compact 1911 but in .45

Anyone had or tried the sig sauer ultra compact?

Here's the problem, micro 1911s in .45 have a higher tendency for timing issues. 4" or larger and that timing window is more forgiving. The EMP chambered in .40 handled and shot better than any micro .45 1911 I've put my hands on outside of a custom.

However, I will say a number of people out there just won't listen and if that's the case, spend the money and get a higher grade 1911 OR have a competent pistolsmith check it out before carry.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The EMP is a great and reliable gun. I used mine in an action shooting match one time, and it was great fun and a flawless performance. The gun, not me.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a,Defender and the New Agent. Both are good pistols, I trust the and carry them. I dont have an emp but I believe them to be exceptional small pistols. I agree that a full size 1911 is easy to carry and shoot but for me the 4.25" Commander size pistol handles better and shoots just as well as the 5" full size.

MasterMacBayter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's the problem, micro 1911s in .45 have a higher tendency for timing issues. 4" or larger and that timing window is more forgiving. The EMP chambered in .40 handled and shot better than any micro .45 1911 I've put my hands on outside of a custom.

However, I will say a number of people out there just won't listen and if that's the case, spend the money and get a higher grade 1911 OR have a competent pistolsmith check it out before carry.

What is you deff of higher grade 1911, I was really leaning toward a colt new agent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom