Best 1911 in the $1,000 Range?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking I may save my nickels a little longer and wait until I can get a Les Baer or something similar.

Good idea. Around 1000 or higher most production guns and especially guns like Kimber are all fluff. There's no difference in a base model kimber and one of it's "custom shop" guns in terms of fitting or parts. If you save a bit more and find a Les Baer or Dan Wesson, you'll have a significant step up in 1911 that will last quite a bit longer.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got 2 on Gunbroker right now. Both used. 1 for $930 (looks like it was pulled behind a truck). The other for $1050...looks good. You just have to look for deals.

Gunbroker is a bidding site... The one that IS $1050 hasn't sold for that amount and has 2 days... betcha it doesn't go for that amount. Everything else I found was listed at a minimum of $1200 and the reserve hadn't been met.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gunbroker is a bidding site... The one that IS $1050 hasn't sold for that amount and has 2 days... betcha it doesn't go for that amount. Everything else I found was listed at a minimum of $1200 and the reserve hadn't been met.

I'm very aware that Gunbroker is a bidding site....that's why you can get good deals. If you search TRP on this site you'll see that I sold a TRP in October for $1200. Bought it new on Gunbroker for a good deal less than that. You just have to keep your eyes open.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm very aware that Gunbroker is a bidding site....that's why you can get good deals. If you search TRP on this site you'll see that I sold a TRP in October for $1200. Bought it new on Gunbroker for a good deal less than that. You just have to keep your eyes open.

Sorry my friend, been buying and selling higher end 1911s for quite some time, Gunbroker typically sucks for deals and it's horrible right now. In which the subject was that you stated you can find them under 1K. Doesn't really seem to be the case, any links to show some foundation for that are welcome.

Latest posts

Top Bottom