Best 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
now and then you may stumble across an Auto Ordinance 1911 that is not junk.

I bought one so the kids could learn the 1911 without wearing out my Colt... best $350 I ever spent. Once you get past the casting parting lines on some of the smaller parts... this gun shoots and feeds as well or better than any of the other 1911 pistols I've owned. It will cycle empty cases....

kriket1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
U can pick up a Taurus pt1911ar (accessorie rail ) for that price used I have one with 700 rounds on it no malfunction's and it's a good gun for the money and u can ad a light other then that thair is the sti Spartan or Springfield

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the cheap, Rock Island is the way to go. You almost never hear complaints about them except they ain't as purdy as the others. The best would be the near custom ones like Les Baer, Nighthawk, Wilson Combat, etc., but I'm perfectly happy with my RIA's and would rather spend my extra 2 grand on some other toys.

The Shadow Knows

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get poo pawed when I mention my Charles Daly, it is the FS model, bulit like a tank and weighs just as much. Not my carry gun, but fun to shoot and it goes bang when it suppose to, every time. Cost was $425.

ai539.photobucket.com_albums_ff352_BuddyL_01_DSC01336.jpg

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it is made by Armscor, the same that make the Rock Island, Citadel, and a couple others. I would think they would be of equal quality, but I haven't heard much about any of them but the Rock Islands.

Latest posts

Top Bottom