Best AR-15 Magazine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watch for Sales, buy what you can or try what you can - Troys can be had for 6-8$ per...........Magpuls around 11 for Gen3.......... Lancer L5AWM have a following. Comes down to your coolade. BCM or Brownells GI Mags with Anti if you like metal. TAPCO Gen2 units are an option too.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went with six (6) Hex Mags, ten (10) Magpul PMAG Gen 2 w/ Window, and 10 D&H 30 Round Aluminum G.I. Magazines.

That should get me off to a good start.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably won't use but a half dozen at the most, but you have spares.

Not criticizing, but its just reality. Thought I needed a mega mag selection way back and I shoot AR a lot.
The same three or four are shot constantly and I'm still waiting to take one of the other dozen or so packages of new mags off the wall, but they are like the energizer bunny. They just keep working which is a good thing.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably won't use but a half dozen at the most, but you have spares.

Not criticizing, but its just reality. Thought I needed a mega mag selection way back and I shoot AR a lot.
The same three or four are shot constantly and I'm still waiting to take one of the other dozen or so packages of new mags off the wall, but they are like the energizer bunny. They just keep working which is a good thing.

Having a ton of loaded magazines is like a fetish to me. I have a ton of loaded magazines for all my guns, both rifles and pistols. It is my goal to have 10 (and usually 20) magazines for each firearm that I own. It's better to have and not need then need and not have. Who knows what is going to happen with this next Presidential election, or when the next mass shooting happens.

Latest posts

Top Bottom