Best AR-15 Magazine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello all,

I just recently got into the AR-15 market. I am building my own AR, and I went with quality parts that were recommended by a friend of mine. I currently have zero (0) magazines for this rifle that I am building, and that is unacceptable to me. So I want to ask you guys, the AR-15 guys, the ones that know what's up....

What is the best AR-15 magazine out there? I plan to buy a lot of them, and I want to go with something that is good.

Thank you,

Jestik

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never had a problem with PMAGs. Got a few dozen. I have a few others, some GI, some Lancer, I think? Those are still in the package, never tried any of my other ones.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The best mag is the one that works, no matter who makes it.

The better quality magazines as I see them in no specific order.

Magpul
Troy
Lancer

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 3 mags that top the reliability scale are Lancer mags with the steel reinforcements, PMags (any generation), and Brownells G.I. Aluminum Mags with the anti-tilt followers.
All three have very proven track records.

All three can and will fail if abused hardcore.

All three fail "differently."

For 95% of the population, all three will last you a lifetime besides a spring change after a few thousand rounds being fed in and out of the mags.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like pmags and gi mags with anti tilt followers. Had some Troy mags and they just weren't cutting it for me. Not as easy to disassemble as a pmag. And I didn't like the feel of them. They work though. I just really like pmags. I don't think you can go wrong with those. Plus they are cheap.

Latest posts

Top Bottom