Best Onion Burgers in OKC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o'doyle

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
All 3 places mentioned in El Reno are great and have been around for years! The food guy (whatever his name is)
was at Sids a while back! I ate at Sids a few weeks ago and seen the pics on the wall...

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No kidding ... I think Nic's might be my "cheat" night in October ...

BB,

Nick is only open for breakfast and lunch. It's a little shoebox of a place, on the west side of Pennsylvania, just north of NW 10th. Best to go early, as there are a ton of people trying to get a seat. It's popular.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know it's not technically OKC, but there is a place in El Reno that is freaking awesome! I'm trying to find the name of the place on Google maps.

SID'S Diner. Take 1st El Reno Exit; stay on hwy 81 into town and it's right there in center of town. Very good, greasy, fried onion burger. Get the KING for decent sized burger. "Man vs Food" was there last year...great fries too.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BB,

Nick is only open for breakfast and lunch. It's a little shoebox of a place, on the west side of Pennsylvania, just north of NW 10th. Best to go early, as there are a ton of people trying to get a seat. It's popular.

OK ... thanks for the info ... I'm gonna stick them in my phone and drag GC up there pretty quick!

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a lover of a grilled onion burger, all those previously mentioned are pretty good. I eat at Dan's quite a bit, not because it's the best, but because it's easy to get into, get fed, and get out.

I'll also toss in a couple in Chickasha; J&W Grill and PawPaws. Of all those mentioned, J&W is my Favorite with Nic's running a close second, but I very rarely have the time to eat at Nic's, and it's next to impossible to get two seats together at the same time. If you can get in and get a seat, it's damn good, and probably worth the wait if you have time for the wait. I don't generally have that much time, so when I'm over there and I'm starving and there is a line at Nic's I'll eat at the Hungry Frog, but that's a different thread about hole in the wall diners. Sorry, didn't meant to hijack there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom