Best restaurant for a date?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lottinville's

I was thinking the same thing, but while it's not formal dining, you might feel out of place showing up in cut-off jean shorts and a tank top. I'm not sure just how laid back you're looking for here, Hump. http://www.lottinvillesrestaurant.com/ is the website, which is nothing more than 2 pictures and a .pdf menu. It's American cuisine (no, not like Denny's) and like many that frequent this place, I do like the meatloaf. I like their bloody marys during Sunday brunch, the wife likes their mimosas.

If you guys want true casual in a fun atmosphere, check out Saturn Grill at Memorial and Meridian. It's a sandwich shop with a pretty cool dining area that any space/scifi person would be happy to eat at. There are many sandwiches worth checking out and I couldn't tell you my favorite (it'd have to be between the spicy turkey, the spicy steak, or the Caribbean Jerk chicken sandwich). They do not serve alcohol, so this may be more casual than what you're looking for. Their homemade pickles are delicious! http://www.saturngrill.com/menu.pdf

If you want something different, check out Zarate's on Broadway Extension maybe 1/4 south of 2nd St on the east side of the road (it's the gaudy blue restaurant next to Chuck House (RIP)) and they serve South American food. Don't let the paint job or the many grammatical errors on their website (http://www.zarateslatingrill.com/) and menu fool you, it's really good food and not something you find on every corner. It's family friendly, but they serve alcohol. So that might be the perfect place for casual dining, as the environment isn't anything to write home about, but the food more than makes up for their lack of exterior/interior decoration. Chicks love the beeritas and the Carne Guisada, the Jamaican Jerk Chicken, and plantains are awesome.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great suggestions so far guys. Thanks. As far as price point goes, it really doesn't matter. More worried about dress. We are going to the gun range first so probably something a little less dressed up. But some of those places look awesome and will be going on the future dates list. Keep them coming gang!

JTA

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Great suggestions so far guys. Thanks. As far as price point goes, it really doesn't matter. More worried about dress. We are going to the gun range first so probably something a little less dressed up. But some of those places look awesome and will be going on the future dates list. Keep them coming gang!

That sounds like the greatest first date ever! It has been a while since I was on a date, but I can say that I have never had a first date (or subsequent date) where the girl said she wanted to go to the gun range. She sounds like a keeper. As far as restaurant suggestions, I like a few different places (mostly based on cuisine types) that would work for a casual/gun range dress code. For Italian, Johnny Carino's (a chain but good food and nothing pretentious about the place) works well. For Chinese, Fung's Kitchen on Classen; it is near Grand House which would be another fine choice (but Fung's Kitchen is slightly more authentic and less Americanized food). A lot of excellent other suggestions have already been thrown out there. My other suggestion would be to have a few different places in mind just in case she doesn't (or won't) eat a certain type of cuisine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom