Best Tactical Shotguns? Pump or Semi?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
870 with ported barrel, oversize safety, Scattergun ghost ring sights, +1 extension, Hogue short stock, Surefire forend, choke tubes etc.....

Buy a base 870 Tactical (I know a guy.....)
Have all the mods done (I know a guy....)

PM for "the guy"

Attachments

• IMG_3292 (1).JPG
    IMG_3292 (1).JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nuff said? The OP said he wanted to stay under $1k. Where are you finding these for under $1k? Because I'd like to have one, too. These sell for almost twice that.
I guess you missed the part where he said " list your tac shotgun setup and review of them". That is my tactical shotgun setup. If that is out of his price range, I can't help it.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been very happy with the Mossberg 590 A1. 20” barrel, 8 shot tube … can put a bayonet on it if you want.

The shotgun I keep loaded 24/7 is a Stoeger 12ga. Coach Gun Supreme tuned by Jim Finch.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got a 2k+ Benelli for birds, but for the house living on a hidden magnet mount just a classic 870 Wingmaster. Shortened the barrel to 18 3/4” reworked the pump action (butter smooth). Added an extension for a total of 6+1 rounds with a side saddle mount for additional.
Upcoming plan of adding ghost ring.

If you’re super comfortable and familiar with a semi then great, I grew up with and am extremely proficient with my pump actions.
Regardless, The MOST important factor is to get out and actually train with the thing, not set it and forget it.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I may know someone who really likes the 1301. I grew up as an 870 guy and may have one or two of those as well, but man, the 1301 for as light as it is and the BLINK gas system is terrific. Now, you aren’t getting one for $1k, but if you stretch a little, you’re there. The A300 Patrol is new, around $900, and may be good. Just not enough feedback on it yet.
I don’t think you could go wrong with an 870PM or M590A1. You just have to train, train, train in order to rack the slide without short stroking it.
That being said, a shotgun is down the list for defensive firearms for us.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I may know someone who really likes the 1301. I grew up as an 870 guy and may have one or two of those as well, but man, the 1301 for as light as it is and the BLINK gas system is terrific. Now, you aren’t getting one for $1k, but if you stretch a little, you’re there. The A300 Patrol is new, around $900, and may be good. Just not enough feedback on it yet.
I don’t think you could go wrong with an 870PM or M590A1. You just have to train, train, train in order to rack the slide without short stroking it.
That being said, a shotgun is down the list for defensive firearms.
Worst sale decision I ever made was as a stupid 18 y/o I had bought a Winchester pump at Wanamaker for next to nothing. That guns action was so smooth it would almost half rack on the shot and you could run it just stupid fast and never short stroke it…that’s one of the only ones I regret selling.

Latest posts

Top Bottom