Best value for AR-15 in OKC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Do you supply the ammo? Just kidding, what does someone need to do one of these? I have the tools, what does it take to get my feet wet?

Hell no I'm not supplying your ammo. I might as well shoot for you too if that's the case :D
Just starting out you'll need a pistol 9mm or larger with holster and mag pouches, a good sturdy belt, and ammo. You can borrow shotgun and rifle from other competitors if you ask nicely, or bring your own.
Any mag fed centerfire rifle will work, but AR's dominate. I used a carbine length Bushmaster for a while before I saved up to upgrade to the one pictured.
You can run any 12 guage shotgun you want to, but Benelli M1's and M2's with extended mag tubes dominate. I ran a 5 shot Mossberg pump before upgrading to a 11 shot M2

Bring a couple mags for the pistol and rifle and shotshell caddy's help a lot with the shotgun. Caddy's can be borrowed as well.

Flynraider

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a bolt gun guy but I would like to learn how to put together an AR. I'm familiar with a few of the brands but don't really know anything about advantages of one over another, etc.

I noticed on marks webpage that he isn't currently doing his seminar. Any suggestions?

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Although AR15.com is mainly a rabid pack of dunce caps with egomania and a carbine fetish, there are some extremely useful tutorials loaded with pictures on that site that you can use to learn to build an AR. Brands are a different issue, as not all brands supply a full cache of parts required to build the gun. Most ARs end up with parts from multiple brands.

Latest posts

Top Bottom