Best way to ship ammo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
UPS is the only one that will ship from a private citizen as far as I know. Things to keep in mind:
* Packaging should be non-descript and not really detail what's inside.
* Ammo must be in factory packaging or ammo box type containers where rounds aren't loose.
* Package should be the good cardboard rather than the cheapie stuff.
* Typically the UPS Store type facilities and UPS drop points do NOT take ammo. Typically you must ship through REAL UPS. In Tulsa, for instance, that means I'd take it to the facility at 61st/Garnett directly. This may vary based on the affiliate.
* Package must be declared as having ammo and receive the black/white diamond sticker.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shoutout SGammo. Just placed an order yesterday. That free shipping makes them the best price around.
I guess I need to start looking more closely at SG, because I haven’t seen that they’ve had any deals in a long time.
Target Sport USA is typically cheaper on all the stuff I buy. :anyone:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go to Post Office
Get a box (not the PRIORITY MAIL box, too expensive)
Fill box, address it, tape it very well, take to Post Office.

It fits, it ships

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, UPS will ship ammo and firearms. They will tell you they don't - and will refuse it if you tell them - but they have no laws or restrictions against it. They just don't like to.

As TR said above, use a heavy box, lots of padding, and lots of tape. When you take it to the post office, they will go through their usual nonsense list of what you can't ship (they won't mention firearms or ammo, btw) just reply "NO" to their questions.

Adding a little insurance doesn't hurt and probably keeps the thieves in the sorting areas honest. Also, with any firearm or ammo you mail out, always print the destination address in a couple of different places for safety.

SBSATS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The main hub on Portland is closed??
That was the only place I could find that still shipped ammo a year ago. I live in Shawnee, so where is the closest place for me to go now? Anyone know for certain? Also can you get the proper labels at any UPS location? Thanks.

SBSATS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, UPS will ship ammo and firearms. They will tell you they don't - and will refuse it if you tell them - but they have no laws or restrictions against it. They just don't like to.

As TR said above, use a heavy box, lots of padding, and lots of tape. When you take it to the post office, they will go through their usual nonsense list of what you can't ship (they won't mention firearms or ammo, btw) just reply "NO" to their questions.

Adding a little insurance doesn't hurt and probably keeps the thieves in the sorting areas honest. Also, with any firearm or ammo you mail out, always print the destination address in a couple of different places for safety.
Are you talking UPS or USPS?

Latest posts

Top Bottom