BIDEN SAYS HE WISHES SCHOOLS WOULD TEACH ABOUT ‘ISLAMIC FAITH’

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Crazier things have happened.

Example: V-day last February, me and the more attractive half agreed not to do anything special and just have a night in. Got off work earlier than her planning to surprise her with a crafted dinner and romance. Decided at the last minute to make her a card with my own two crafty hands.

Tossed the steaks on the grill that I had snuck home and seasoned at lunch, grabbed a quick shower, and running low on time, checked the steaks in the buff as not to cruise past the tasty sear straight into bitter burned territory. Running out of time, I decided to knock out the card real quick so it could dry as I got dressed.

Arms full of crafting supplies, made my way to the table, tripped on the area rug, took a tumble, glitter bottle exploded all over my nether regions. Once in a million incident.

Needless to say, it was pretty nuts.

Take your like and gtfo!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did too. Every day in fact. Went to a private school supported by a church. It didn't turn me into some religious zealot or bible thumper.
Just gave me an understanding of that religion and the understanding of right and wrong in society related to it.
I actually questioned some of the teaching. I was a skeptic even then about what I was told.
I'm actually mixed about teaching religion in public schools. I don't believe it should be teached as a curriculum, but I do believe there should be a history class about every religion to inform the students how religion has shaped history.
Every religion has their own side of the story, so again I'm not sure how that history can be presented without bias by the teacher.
Perhaps Buddhism started in this century and this was their theory about a higher figure, then move on to Shinto with the same requirement that only the history of when it started and its basic theory's of a higher being, and move on to the rest.
Must be in a documented class session with no deviation from the written curriculum, presented and moved on.
Ok, I'm not an idiot and know that is a pipe dream about education that will never happen so I just wore out my finger tips even typing it.
That is what would happen in a perfect world or years ago when education actually did that in my school. Just a general overall education about other religions.

There is a Christian mission system out there called Eastern European Mission that began by smuggling Bibles into the Soviet Union back when the Wall was in place. In the years since, things have improved and EEM now provides Bibles in local languages to some of the Russians, Ukrainians, and others. With those parts of Russia and Ukraine, the schools in those areas requested Bibles for their schools so that they could use them to teach morals.

Folks over there were desperate for the Bible. One gentleman who had been involved with the smuggling was reading his Bible on a train one day while traveling to Vienna. A Russian "official" saw him, knew who he was, and told him that he really didn't need that book. The official grabbed his Bible and threw it out of an open window on the train. The gentleman didn't worry too much because he knew he could get another Bible.

Two years later, he received his Bible back in the mail. In with the Bible was a note stating that they were sorry that it took so long for them to return it to him, but it took them the two years to copy the Bible by hand.

OKC03Cobra

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
115967918_1564244137245778_7415895952382257108_o.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom