Big Brother Watching

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why bother with the espionage? Google maps has sat images for a vast majority of the US and in most cities/towns has a street view of the area. Hell, when bored I will look up cities and just spend some time going through street view. Its like visiting but still able to have my firearm on me.
No espionage, just the way surveillance works. Google maps isn’t real time. A lot of intel for specific areas of interest can be accumulated by real time mapping and seeing changes in progress. That’s how the US finds the secret underground facilities in areas like Iran and North Korea by using constant surveillance.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hate to be a Debbie Downer but parts of this state are changing, and not just due to people moving in.
A lot of people believe all the B.S. they're being fed 24 hours a day at yowling volume level.

Right now, if you live in OKC or Tulsa, you might not be surrounded by as many like minded individuals as you think.
And then it will spread out as the high and mighty enlightened ones flee to the suburbs and outlying counties, etc.
When only you see the light/ the truth… better make sure you aren’t the one being fooled.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sound like there are many entities using us as Data Cattle. Gov't multiple agencies, Corporate Amazon and any place you shop online at (wouldn't be surprised if Walmart has the capability of noting what isles you peruse in the store and online, (server space being the only limitation), Social Media, Search Engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo etc.), Credit Cards every purchase as well as your Bank, PayPal, Venmo etc.; Last but not least foreign entities, China and others. What the frack ever happened to the 4th amendment?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same thing happens on iPhone. Wife and I will be talking directions in the truck, 1st search on google maps is the location we were discussing.

Thanks, Dennis, for giving me just one more good reason to NEVER have an iPhone (or anything else related to Apple). I've had Motorola phones as Androids for years and have NEVER had something such as you experienced happen to me.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, Dennis, for giving me just one more good reason to NEVER have an iPhone (or anything else related to Apple). I've had Motorola phones as Androids for years and have NEVER had something such as you experienced happen to me.
You may want to look up Android. Neither apple nor android is good for privacy New study reveals iPhones aren't as private as you think
Also, just turn off Siri, and any other voice based “assistants”?.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why bother with the espionage? Google maps has sat images for a vast majority of the US and in most cities/towns has a street view of the area. Hell, when bored I will look up cities and just spend some time going through street view. Its like visiting but still able to have my firearm on me.
No espionage, just the way surveillance works. Google maps isn’t real time. A lot of intel for specific areas of interest can be accumulated by real time mapping and seeing changes in progress. That’s how the US finds the secret underground facilities in areas like Iran and North Korea by using constant surveillance.
To answer Tanis143: It is not just abut maps and places or espionage. It is about DATA. The local butthead down the street can be gathering data to sell to a broker, who sells huge amount of data to .gov agencies etc. It's a Trillion dollar industry about money, people, and what people buy/sell and where they go. Everybody is involved in this except us the good ole tax paying citizens.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You may want to look up Android. Neither apple nor android is good for privacy New study reveals iPhones aren't as private as you think
Also, just turn off Siri, and any other voice based “assistants”?.

I don't use any assistants. Also, I thought Siri was a feature of the iPhone, so since I have an android, no Siri. The voice assistant on the android gets shut off soon after I get a new phone. I also generally always keep "My Location" turned off as well.

Also, yes, I know that I can still be "tracked," but as I told Dennis, I've never had my phone "give suggestions" following a conversation with my wife (or anyone else).

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't use any assistants. Also, I thought Siri was a feature of the iPhone, so since I have an android, no Siri. The voice assistant on the android gets shut off soon after I get a new phone. I also generally always keep "My Location" turned off as well.

Also, yes, I know that I can still be "tracked," but as I told Dennis, I've never had my phone "give suggestions" following a conversation with my wife (or anyone else).
Android would be under the “any other voice based assistants”. My point was, if you have a smart phone, you are being tracked.

I’ve never had android or apple give me suggestions based on voice conversations. I regretfully have to use both all day long :(

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

To answer Tanis143: It is not just abut maps and places or espionage. It is about DATA. The local butthead down the street can be gathering data to sell to a broker, who sells huge amount of data to .gov agencies etc. It's a Trillion dollar industry about money, people, and what people buy/sell and where they go. Everybody is involved in this except us the good ole tax paying citizens.
Absolutely it's all about data. Thats the entire premise of the internet, to transfer data.
How it gets used is what the issue is about. We use it to find a place for a burger, and the government uses it for accumulating intel on its citizens.

Latest posts

Top Bottom