Boat registration with no title

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The German

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a jon boat that has never been registered and is about 30 years old. There is no ID number on it anywhere. Anyone know what I have to do to register it and how big a pain the process is?

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Talk to your tag agency. It will be a PITA but they'll walk you thru it.
Prob need a detailed bill of sale from seller (if u just bought it), notarized helps. Serial number plaque should be on the transom some where.

The German

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Talk to your tag agency. It will be a PITA but they'll walk you thru it.
Prob need a detailed bill of sale from seller (if u just bought it), notarized helps. Serial number plaque should be on the transom some where.

It has been sitting on a family pond for 30 years, no bill of sell, no plaque.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you happen to be lucky enough to have a hometown tag agent who knows you, they can make it very easy. Don't try it in Ardmore. Actually, that's not fair of me. The Ardmore tag agency used to be a pita to deal with, but I hear they have improved their act in recent years. I go to Wilson.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
some of the laws changed last summer, I don't remember what exactly they changed but I know if I waited until July 1 2013 to take out my canoe it no longer had to be registered.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had jon boat once with no title or registration and was told to have a Lake Patrol officer to inspect it and he will issue the paperwork to get it registered but that was nearly 20 years ago things do change but i would check with a tag agent or a lake patrol officer to get the facts straight as to what u need to do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom