Damn Mice😖

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is what I use, Victor is the brand, it’s called “Tin cat “ I have four around the outside of the house, one inside the pump house, four inside my shop. Some times I don’t even put any bait in them and still catch mice. They check in but they don’t check out. When I catch any I fill a square bucket with some water and give them swimming lessons by placing the trap in the bucket. None of them have ever graduated.
IMG_7615.jpeg
IMG_7614.jpeg
IMG_7613.jpeg

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From Car & Driver

Until roughly a decade ago, most car companies used wiring insulation that was petroleum based. The introduction of soy-based wire insulation was meant to have a twofold benefit: It was less expensive for automakers and, because it used soy instead of oil, it was better for the environment. But some unhappy car owners now counter that the greener wiring is now luring the environment, particularly the animal kingdom, under the hoods of their vehicles.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This time of year they want inside to keep warm. I always caught several in the early fall in my garage. They were attracted to the freezer as it was warm underneath where the compressor was so 3 or 4 traps set around it and I used a bread and peanut butter mix for bait. I would catch 25 or 30 every fall in the garage.
I seem to get all the elon musk meeces when it comes to the spring traps. Can never catch any of them no matter what I bait them with.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They're really bad over here this year. It's been a constant battle.

They mice have been so bad I'm considering getting a barn cat or two. And I really don't like cats.

Better than a barn snake or two

speaking of........I've killed 2 pygmy rattlers INSIDE my metal garage at my cabin. I have since found 3 snake skins...... SO today I received my snake bite gloves....will put on my snake boots and gonna EMPTY the garage before they actually decide to hibernate there for the winter. After cleaned out gonna start using snake repellant granules regularly to try and keep them out.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From Car & Driver

Until roughly a decade ago, most car companies used wiring insulation that was petroleum based. The introduction of soy-based wire insulation was meant to have a twofold benefit: It was less expensive for automakers and, because it used soy instead of oil, it was better for the environment. But some unhappy car owners now counter that the greener wiring is now luring the environment, particularly the animal kingdom, under the hoods of their vehicles.
Exactly. Last fall, a rodent got under the hood of my new F-250 and took out over $2000 in wiring by the time labor from the dealership was included.
Prior to this vehicle, a mouse got into the cabin filter compartment and died. The stench was almost unbearable until finding a professional deodorizer that is used by flood restoration companies to spray into that compartment a couple of times, then the smell went away.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At our place in New Mexico mice are always a constant battle. I switched to making my own mouse poison vs. purchasing the toxic to dogs and other critters commercial poisons. Seems to work. Have had less mice since using the homemade version.

I place these under buckets around the perimeter of the home base.

I modify the recipe slightly by adding an extra egg and some flour. The chunks hold together better.

Hope it helps!

Latest posts

Top Bottom