Bout to Buy me a O/U

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont know,... the Cynergy Classic Trap looks dang sexy compared to a Beretta Gold.

ROFL, maybe for the Upland. Not the feather. I've been thinking about selling them both and getting a Cynergy Classic Trap combo 20/12.

I'd actually like to have an Upland Special too. For a Citori, I'd like a Feather 16ga. I really want a Superposed in 16ga, but they didn't make them in 16 for production. :(

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well you guys have convinced me to save up some more money. I know I want a pretty nice gun and plan on keeping it for a long time.

May not take as long as you think. When I bought my Franchi years ago, it was at a gun show. New in box, cost me $900.00. And it was beautiful.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing worse than a Covey flushing, taking your 2 shots and having your shotgun broken over trying to load when dogs flush some more...

Also, carrying around TWO barrels gets tiring...

There are some real advantages to a good SA, but O/U are sexier...

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing worse than a Covey flushing, taking your 2 shots and having your shotgun broken over trying to load when dogs flush some more...

Also, carrying around TWO barrels gets tiring...

There are some real advantages to a good SA, but O/U are sexier...

I've never notice that an O/U was any kind of disadvantage hunting. Some of the worst shots in the world have auto's they tend to shoot as fast as they can in the middle of the covey because they know they have 4 more shots. They're usually lucky to get one bird. On the other hand the dog(s) go on point at a distance I can select my modified barrel and switch in to IC when I'm in range of the dogs. You really never get over one or two good shots anyway and if you have an auto eject gun it's takes a few seconds. If your dog(s) are trained on command to woe then it's no problem. Even if single(s) bust, the birds don't fly far and you track the main covey. The auto guys seem to be like the drag racers that can't get their cars to go down the track fast enough because they stink so instead of practicing they add some power adders to got faster :)

It really doesn't matter what anyone else carries I always come out with close to the top on birds at the end of the day. JMO

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never notice that an O/U was any kind of disadvantage hunting. Some of the worst shots in the world have auto's they tend to shoot as fast as they can in the middle of the covey because they know they have 4 more shots. They're usually lucky to get one bird. On the other hand the dog(s) go on point at a distance I can select my modified barrel and switch in to IC when I'm in range of the dogs. You really never get over one or two good shots anyway and if you have an auto eject gun it's takes a few seconds. If your dog(s) are trained on command to woe then it's no problem. Even if single(s) bust, the birds don't fly far and you track the main covey. The auto guys seem to be like the drag racers that can't get their cars to go down the track fast enough because they stink so instead of practicing they add some power adders to got faster :)

It really doesn't matter what anyone else carries I always come out with close to the top on birds at the end of the day. JMO

Guess you've never tried to break an O/U open in a duck blind either, huh?

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen a O/U in a duck blind. Most people don't want to subject them to the elements.

I used mine for upland and rabbit hunting. Worked fine.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guess you've never tried to break an O/U open in a duck blind either, huh?

I live on Oologah lake, what do you think? In fact dove and duck hunting it's far better having a gun with two chocks than one. Same concept, the tighter barrel until they get close and then switch. You shoot your open barrel and have a tighter choke as they book. In fact any still hunting it's far easier to reload. How may shots do you need on a flock? it's not like they land in the decoys and stay, the first shot they're all getting the heck out of dodge. I doubt you ever really hunted with an O/U. It's not like you don't have to plug a pump or auto when hunting waterfoul, you only have 1 more round. :)

Any way to each his own. All shotguns will work and have advantages and disadvantages. I know about 5 of us that hunt with O/U for just about everything because they don't break.
I guess you guys have only seen those high dollar fancy O/U's at the skeet range but I see a lot of field grade O/U's over the years in various parts of the country.

Latest posts

Top Bottom