Bout to Buy me a O/U

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcmtex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having and owning both I've cycled from SA to O/U back to SA. The guage gets lighter as the years go by :)

RG1964, if you want an O/U then for the money you say you want to spend you should be able to find a quality used one. For me theres a world of difference in 500-600 dollar O/U and those 1000 plus.

For doves and sporting clays I've been playing with a little Beretta Urika2 in 20 guage and compared to my O/U my shoulder thanks me at the end of the day. I never felt I was recoil sensitive before. Hmmmm. Maybe I'm getting old.

GlocksInMySocks

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For doves and sporting clays I've been playing with a little Beretta Urika2 in 20 guage and compared to my O/U my shoulder thanks me at the end of the day. I never felt I was recoil sensitive before. Hmmmm. Maybe I'm getting old.

It's funny you say that. My brothers beretta over under kicks like a mule compared to my browning. I think most of it is that his beretta is a lot lighter than mine. Additionally, since my shoulders are already screwed from playing football I made sure to get one with a nice buttpad on it. Helps a TON

dcmtex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's funny you say that. My brothers beretta over under kicks like a mule compared to my browning. I think most of it is that his beretta is a lot lighter than mine. Additionally, since my shoulders are already screwed from playing football I made sure to get one with a nice buttpad on it. Helps a TON

This little gas operated Urika2 is nice to shoot all day long.

I think the most comfortable O/U I have is a Citori I bought when I was 21 years old (32 years ago). The gun just fits me though. On the other hand my brother has a Red Label that seems to kick me like a mule. Fits him perfect so hes happy. JM2cents

THE JOKER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For upland bird hunting, you lose one round. One round is hardly worth worrying about, in exchange for a much better handling and shooting gun. While the loss of a round is a fact, I do not see it as a detractor in any way.

You are thinking of migratory birds.There is not a three shot requirement on upland birds. A friend recently bought a Citori for for $750.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do apologize, I thought migratory, typed upland.

$750 is good money on a Citori. I am still waiting to see a few of these supposed common $400 Citoris.

Go find a skeet and trap club and participate in a buy/sell/swap meet or go to a forum dedicated to skap/trap/clay.

So,... how many good deals has the snarky disbelief found ya, bud?

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I deal with the local trap and skeet club quite regularly, have yet to see a Citori come up for even close to that money. Gene Sears, which probably has some of the best prices and largest quantity of used, quality doubles in the state has nothing approaching that price.

I am sure there are a few $400 Citoris floating around, but they are a fluke, in my experience. By the way, I get plenty of good deals, but Im realistic, and dont count the incredibly good ones as the norm.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I deal with the local trap and skeet club quite regularly, have yet to see a Citori come up for even close to that money. Gene Sears, which probably has some of the best prices and largest quantity of used, quality doubles in the state has nothing approaching that price.

I am sure there are a few $400 Citoris floating around, but they are a fluke, in my experience. By the way, I get plenty of good deals, but Im realistic, and dont count the incredibly good ones as the norm.

You may consider yourself realistic, but you arent. Sounds more like you are expecting a 90+%grade <5 year manufactur time shotgun for what I am telling you can find a citori for. Or, you are willing to be over charged.

Go look up pricing on used citoris. Im not talking what John Q Public wants for his citori, or what some dealer is overcharging. A 70% grade citori should run right around $500 depending on the model.

Latest posts

Top Bottom