Brand new in box Henry issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You did the right thing not taking it.
If it was a cheap $150 used rifle then take it home and see if it can be operable.
But what they get for a rifle it better not be cobbled together.
I have one Marlin Ballard 32-20 with a twist in the octagon barrel drives me nuts having the sight offset.
But for it's age and the price I am happy.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son bought a Henry 22lr Lever gun February of last year. After about 3-5 magazines it would start having FTE and it was a PIA to get the fired shell out. I broke that gun down cleaned it top to bottom multiple times. Tried over half a dozen different ammos. Shoot 3-5 magazines and it would start the FTE again. So after some googling I saw all the "Henry has great service" threads. I called them up, filled out online form had a ups label that afternoon. Shipped it off and had it back in 3 to 4 weeks round trip. They dang near rebuilt the thing and ran a reamer through it again. It has functioned flawlessly since then. So I will say they have great service.

My problem is too many folks talk about what great service they have. I put them up there with Vortex. Everyone talks about how great there service is. Man when I buy something I would prefer to never need service. Sure if I do I want it to be excellent but if you got people all over the net talking about about how great your service is. You probably need to focus on improving the beginning product.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My problem is too many folks talk about what great service they have. I put them up there with Vortex. Everyone talks about how great there service is. Man when I buy something I would prefer to never need service. Sure if I do I want it to be excellent but if you got people all over the net talking about about how great your service is. You probably need to focus on improving the beginning product.
I see what your saying.
On another note, when I operator failed on some of my reloading equipment, breaking something or screwing up a spring, etc, a call to Hornady, RCBS, Dillion always results in new parts at no charge when it is my fault and I don't try to snowball them about what happened.
Calling Hornady one day, to replace a spring from the primer loader that went SPRONGGG and disappeared forever to never be found, I commented to the lady at Hornady that it was my fault and wanted to buy several to keep as spares. She immediately told me that that sounded like a hornady issue and sent me three springs.
THAT is good customer service. :D:D

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They're imperfect machines made by imperfect people. It's just the way it is--every now and then, everybody makes a mistake, and to expect otherwise is just unrealistic. What really matters is how they react to it, and Henry's reputation is that they take care of their customers. I hope they live up to it in your case. It just sucks that it had to happen now.

As long as you weren't a jerk to the FFL about it (and it sounds like you both agreed on the course of action, so that seems unlikely), I think you did the right thing. It's what you'd do if you ordered a new car and it arrived at the dealership with a warped hood or a cracked windshield; you'd wait for that problem to get fixed before taking delivery.

Latest posts

Top Bottom