Brass hoarders...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laubage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to the range today and I swear, I was asked 3 separate times if I was going to keep my brass.

Can I PLEASE shoot in peace without wondering if some brass ninja is going to come by and steal my brass? I swear, one of the guys there was only there to pick up brass for 2 hours +. He wasn't even shooting.

If I didn't want my brass, I would probably just leave it on the ground when I left, at which point you could pick it up. Go ahead and flame me if this is you, but please leave me and my brass alone on the range.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched some people pick up brass, man and wife. The pistol area was picked clean not even a 22 shell anywhere. My son and I started shooting, one of them came by and asked if this was my brass just lying here on the ground. I told him all the 45 brass there is mine by then he had already picked up a handfull. He put it down on the bench between my son and I. About ten minutes later his wife came by and did the same thing. They weren't shooting, they were there to just pick up brass.
At least when I pick up brass it is in the sizes I reload. Everything else stays for other people. I think that couple is paying their electric bill with the brass they pickup.

Double_tap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a brass whore, but I would never interrupt someone shooting to ask them if I could have their brass. I believe collecting brass while you are not shooting is rude, I will pick up what I can while I am at he range but I would never go to the range to just pick up brass.

JamesP82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can I have your brass? I like shiny things...

I've had this happen once while I was shooting. Guy didn't even ask, just started helping himself. He left quickly when confronted about it.

I'm all for picking up range brass that is left on the range, but I only pick it up if the range is vacant.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a brass whore, but I would never interrupt someone shooting to ask them if I could have their brass. I believe collecting brass while you are not shooting is rude, I will pick up what I can while I am at he range but I would never go to the range to just pick up brass.

Im with you. I want brass, but never would I bother another shooter to get it. If the firing line is empty and Red Castle, I will pick up what is on the ground.

Latest posts

Top Bottom